Just letting you know...

This topic is about the game "Word Find Challenge." To read full rules for the game, click here.

Word Find Challenge ◄ March 25 2019 ► ► ►

Subscribe to Word Find Challenge ◄ March 25 2019 ► ► ► 35 posts 6 voices

Page
1 2 >
Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,443 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

This week’s hostess is Bette Policequilts

If you are new to this game, please read the rules below and look
forward to a challenge that provides both FUN and PRIZES!

No purchase required to play.
If you would like to donate a prize, we really appreciate it!
It makes the game even more fun!
Word Find Challenge

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
Game Objective:
Find as many words as you can using only the letters in the given word
or phrase.
Game

1) All found words must be 3 letters or longer.
2) Proper nouns are not allowed. This includes personal names, brand
names, cities, states, etc. The word is allowed if it also has a
dictionary meaning. Example: “pat” and “robin” are acceptable.
3) Words made by simply adding an “s” at the end are not allowed. Words
ending in “s” that have their own dictionary entries are acceptable.
Example: “pets” and “drives” are not allowed, but “alms” and “measles”
are fine.
4) No contractions. Examples: can’t, don’t, won’t are not allowed.
5) No acronyms. Examples: IBM, UCLA, OMG are not allowed.
6) All acceptable words must be found in a current English dictionary.
7) All entries must contain at least 75 words.
This game will be moderated jointly by joyce72747, Policequilts,
We will alternate hosting each week, allowing all of us to get in on the
challenge, fun and prizes.
The new word or phrase for the week will be posted on or before Monday
at noon EST/9:00am PST.
WFC will appear in the Games Forum as Word Find Challenge – Week of (Date).
You will have from the day the phrase is posted through Wednesday to
work on your list.
To make it easier to check, we ask that you please put only one word on
each line.
Your list should be bmailed to the host no later than Wednesday at 8pm
EST / 5pm PST .
On Thursday at 8 pm EST , one random winner will be selected from all
eligible entries.
The length of the longest list and the average of all participants will
be posted along with any other stats the host opts to share.
To enter the WFC game just post a note on the game thread saying you’ll
take the challenge and thus be placed on the Player List for the week.
Prize

Each week the randomly selected winner will have the choice of one prize
from all prizes offered and must post that choice to the thread.
All players will have a chance to win.
Once you have won a prize, you will not be eligible to win another prize
for a month.

Feel free to ask questions here or b-mail Joyce, Bette, Emily, Nancy or
Joyce – Joyce72747
Bette – Policequilts
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
h1. WFC

(alphabetical order)
Abrafox

AutumnLeaves
Catnutti
ccmom
ChelleysCottage

CindyBear
cshort0319

divinefabricsnmore

FrankandGladys
Joyce72747

masonictreasures
mrsdinkerson

NancysNostalgicDolls

oldbaloo
Policequilts

sidewingcreations
tammiestreasures
tearyblues888
wonderwoman
ZiggyZool

Winners

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,443 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Prizes

Note: Free Shipping of prizes applies to US only, unless otherwise specified.

Thank you so much to all our Prize Donors

cshort0319 Donated these prizes

. . . .
Choice of stick pin, … Christmas Charm,…. Snowman 3D sticker

. . . .
Silver Gold Trim,…. Measuring Spoons,…. Robby Robot Pencil sharpener toy

. .
25 Glass Marbles,….. 362 Red Glass beads

Policequilts Donated these prizes

Space Cat coin purse (2), … cat coin purse

Ribbon Bows, … Wooden Cat buttons

USE YOUR SMILE TO CHANGE THIS WORLD, BUT
DON’T LET THIS WORLD CHANGE YOUR SMILE

A2, B, C2, D3, E6, G2, H4, I4, L5, M2, N3, O6, R4,
S5, T6, U4, W2, Y2

PLAYERS
Bette Received
Carolyn Received
Joyce
Selah Received

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,412 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Looks like a fun choice!

Some of My Favorite Things

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,412 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Here’s a nice long word: haberdashery. Reminds me of Harry Truman.

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,418 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Good afternoon!
Thanks for hosting, Bette!
Carolyn, I had no idea haberdashery is notions!

Abrafox's booth

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,443 total posts | Posted 30 days ago

This week’s game phrase is:

S5, T6, U4, W2, Y2

Today was a nice day. BUT, I was good and mainly stayed inside and working on new items for eBay.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,412 total posts | Posted 30 days ago

Haberdashery is generally thought of as hats – Truman was in the business of selling hats.

I just never thought of it as notions!

Hmmmmm.

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,418 total posts | Posted 30 days ago

I thought the same thing, that haberdashery was hats. Upon further searching I think notions may be more of a British thing.

Abrafox's booth

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,257 total posts | Posted 30 days ago

Carolyn. . .ever hear of Heimie’s Haberdashery in St. Paul Minnesota?
Anyone, here interested in what a haberdashery might include, See this:
https://heimies.com/?fbclid=IwAR33kXxIGlCiRxrEnQ37Ssj73YTfC51tXePjh6UnJ4eFur-mjV0vxen8K6Q

Here’s a video regarding Heimie’s Haberdashery that holds some surprises regarding ‘’change your perspective’’ – and cost of some items. . .and you’ll TOTALLY ENJOY the look of the store, methinks. . . here ya’ go. . .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hstx8RfGr5Y

This week’s phrase is

S5, T6, U4, W2, Y2

Making Special Paper Crafts is So Helpful to Get my mind off my pains and onto some things fun, creative, useful, and functional, too. . .Thank YOU Dearie Friends!

I hope you finds lots of things to smile about all the weekend through!

An aside. . .hubby’s ‘’in the office operation’’ went very well. Today was ‘’the day’’ his bandage (on the middle of his back) needed changing, and so I did so. I’ve always been interested and I do well if I’ve had to handle anything gross, medically, I mean as a mom too, and as my folks caretaker, I’ve been through a whole lot for sure. . .my sis had epilepsy, and my other sis had a knee that would pop out, and tho’ BOTH were older than I, I had to learn how to pop back in sis’s knew and what to do if my other sis had a seizure. . .anyway hubby’s back has about 40 stitches that run up and down where his spine is located, too. . .everything looks good, for now it needs to be kept away from scabbing. So with not too hot, but hot soapy water, I washed it, and then rinsed it with saline spray. Then instructions said to put Vaseline on it, so that it stays moist while it heals. Then it took 2 of those larger non stick pads and ‘’other gauze pads’’ on top of those with that type of tape that tears and has small threads running through it. . .so he’s all taken care of, until tomorrow, which I will be changing the bandages and keeping an eye on what’s happening for the next week. Stitches are self destructive and will disintegrate by themselves. Good news is they said they are very sure the melanoma is in an extremely early form, and not at any depth to fret or worry about and that they probably cut it all out. The would is about 6 inches, and as a seamstress I will say, it’s evenly and nicely stitched.

Well I’m working on another Paper Crafting project, actually I’m making 2, again, I only like the ones that are functional, and so I’m going to try to make 2 ‘’faux books’’ one can store fun items in, or use as a notepad and calendar storage too. These things sort of ‘’make themselves’’ it all depends on the papers I have in stock and the person I’m doing this for, and what THEY are that inspires me. . .
I hope by the end of the week, I’ll have another 2 all finished, but we’ll see, because, too…Monday I have another doctor’s appointment, possibly my last one whereby I go out to go to a doctor rather than a doctor coming to our home to see me. . .Thanks for your Kinder kind of thoughts and prayers for both hubby and I…and also for Eric who needs a LOT of Healing Prayers. . .

Have a GREAT Weekend, Dearies!

Divine Fabrics n More

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,412 total posts | Posted 30 days ago

We have a long-standing store in a very nearby college town that specializes in Paper.

Japanese, French, English, Chinese.

Rice paper, paper with things embedded in it – paper you couldn’t imagine existing..

Very large sheets of it. Very expensive.

Well, the fellow who owns it, allows people to cut off pieces according to their needs, selling it at reasonable prices.

The scraps left over, he also sells. Every time I go there, I can buy a bunch of wonderful papers and leave feeling rich, after spending a few bucks.

It excites me the way that one special fabric store thrills me.

I don’t much like to shop, but these 2 stores……you have to drag me out of them.

These two shops are my addiction.

A couple of people I shop with feel the same way about buying clothing – jeans in particular. They will disappear into the fitting room with at least 20 pairs of identical jeans, all of which have to be tried on. Only ONE will fit perfectly. Just one.

I bring a book and plump myself down in a comfy chair, and don’t mind at all.

Oddly, they are not as understanding about my personal addiction……..

But it works out.

You’d lose your mind in either of those shops, Dee!

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,599 total posts | Posted 30 days ago

Hello, sorry but only popping in to let you know I am still alive. There has been some changes with M-I-L and we were away a coupkle days.

Love the phrase.
I am a player and I’ll stop in tomorrow to read and remark to the posts.

Love the phrase

S5, T6, U4, W2, Y2

If I were a drinker I’d certainly mean that.
It has been a crazy few days.

Collectibles and So Much More

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,412 total posts | Posted 29 days ago

You know, Joyce, just popping in to say you’re alive is not at all a bad thing to do!

My daughter calls me every single day to see if I’m okay. Unfortunately, my hearing was impaired during my last health crisis, and I simply don’t hear the phone ring.

She calls and calls – even into the wee hours of the morning until I answer,

(I have a one hour hearing test this coming week, so we may find out if there is anything we can do about it – sounds like I’m water-logged….)

Anyway, at our ages, “just checking in” is a good thing to do!

Hope things do settle down for you and your family soon.

Same for Dee and her family.

We all need to watch out for each other.

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,418 total posts | Posted 29 days ago

It is snowing here today. Everything is once again all white. Even though we are in the middle of a storm it is very bright, not dark and dreary.

Abrafox's booth

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,443 total posts | Posted 29 days ago

S5, T6, U4, W2, Y2

Dee, so glad that you are in a creative mood.

Haberdash: A short race for Haber’s. ;-) LOL

I manage to rake the back yard and behind the garage.
I still have the whole side yard.

Went to the laundromat to get some more clothing washed before prepping.
It was gloomy and no wind that I was able to get a lot of pictures done, especially the black color clothing.

This morning while taking pictures, I hear the neighbors chickens squawking and then I see Fletcher going around the pine trees in their yard. (Not close enough to the chickens, but they probably were able to see him. Yelled at him and he came running back. Shortly I see the neighbors and dog checking on what is going on with the chickens. (Fletcher is innocent)

Got a call and I have a long day of cleaning.

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,418 total posts | Posted 28 days ago

Stopped in for a quick Hello! So much to do and totally off schedule this morning. Had to drop off my son at work at 4:30 am this morning, never got any decent sleep after that.

Abrafox's booth

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,443 total posts | Posted 27 days ago

S5, T6, U4, W2, Y2

A little cool yesterday and today is starting with frost but sunny. I was able to get a few more photos yesterday.

• I managed to list 11 new listings under the new eBay “Good until Cancel” project and not other option.
  • I have until the end of the month with still 24 listings left and I would like to get new items out there to get whatever money that is possible before eBay starts their in-house payment.

The cats are non-stop running and fighting and ?. Dottie is in heat again. Next week, she goes to the vet to be spayed.

I wasn’t going to make a trip to Burlington, but I am short on lint brushes. I figured that I will go to the thrift shop there since they are running 50% off crafts and the store and then a trip to the Dollar Tree to pick up 10 lint rollers plus ?

Well, just about ready to leave.

Posted by selah53, Canada. 430 total posts | Posted 27 days ago

Hello everyone! It’s been a long time… how are you all?

I’m understanding the basic principal here but what do the letter/number combinations underneath the game phrase mean?

A2, B, C2, D3…… etc???

selah53's booth

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,443 total posts | Posted 27 days ago

HI SELAH!
We missed you.

The number with the letters just tells you that you have 2 letter A’s, one B, 2 letter C’s and so on.
I just summarized the number of letters to go with the phrase.

Still time to play. Wednesday night, word lists are due.

Carolyn, I see you sold that pretty purply/pink bracelet. I thought both of the bracelets you had were pretty and would be snatched up quickly from Pinterest.

• Gone to the thrift shop and didn’t find anything there.
  • Stopped at the Dollar Tree and picked up a dozen older lint rollers. The new ones have 10 sheets less.
  • This afternoon, I stopped at my regular thrift shop and YES!. 3 garbage bags full. A couple of work clothes for me and the rest are the special tops that I sell.
  • Got home with my treasures and was able to take pictures. At least one thing down.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,412 total posts | Posted 27 days ago

Oh, Selah, we have really missed you!

“arbitrate” is good.

“bubble” is not good. (3 b’s)

“heaven” is not good. ( v isn’t one of the letters from the phrase)

For some bizarre reason, I seemed to have come up with an awful lot of words that have at least ONE “p”, and, of course, there is no letter p in the phrase at all.

Come join us! I remember when I started, it was months and months before I got over 75 words………..

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,412 total posts | Posted 27 days ago

Bette, that bracelet is really very pretty – thanks for “pinning” it!

Dee, I’m going to send you something you can use for your newest line of gorgeous creative projects – and I think you’ll enjoy playing with them.

Thursday, I have an hour-long lab hearing test. Seems I lost a lot of my hearing while I was incapacitated recently.

April Fool’s Day is right around the corner. Wonder what wacky joke the “boys” will play on us this year?

I learned something new about fabric. Among the fabrics I bought at the doll closing-down sale, was some really lovely soft, velvety pink corduroy. Turns out that, back in the 1950’s and earlier. corduroy was manufactured in bolts that were only 42 inches wide. That never crossed my mind before.

Charlotte, do you want some scraps of very fancy fabrics – stunning patterned silks, fascinating embroidered sheer pieces of pink and also blue toile – big enough for pillows; also small pieces of faux fur (sounds so much better than “fake” fur, doesn’t it?)

Joyce, still looking for red and purple beads and craft supplies for you.

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,443 total posts | Posted 26 days ago

S5, T6, U4, W2, Y2

Word lists are due TONIGHT

My bed covers were moving around today. Blue and the little girl were under the covers playing. I saw the little girl later, getting under the covers. This reminds me of Jessie James loved to sleep under the bed covers.

Well, back to getting items ready to list.

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,599 total posts | Posted 26 days ago

Selah! There you are. Do hope to see you often.
What’s new in your world?

sorry to have been so unavailable this week.
and it gets worse.

I exercised long enough to have over 300 words all ending in “Y” as my personal challenge. Problem: when I thought I’d complete my exercise this morning I realized my whole list had been left without saving AND now it is GONE.

We arem going to the tax man today and thias is deadline.
I may disappoint you other players.

………..

Posted by selah53, Canada. 430 total posts | Posted 26 days ago

Hi cshort and Joyce :) Nice to be here.

Joyce that sounds like the fish that got away story LOL

Not much time this week as I have a friend in crisis.
Sent my list in but I didn’t get any further than the ’A’s I’m afraid… perhaps next time I’ll do better.

Please don’t enter me in any draws…. I’m only playing for the fun and fellowship.

All my best
S

selah53's booth

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,412 total posts | Posted 26 days ago

Have any of you heard of Cinderella’s Closet?

We have that program here and I just love it.

Sponsored by our Junior league and a local dry cleaner, each year high school students donate their prom gowns and tuxes after the big event, and they are dry cleaned, then given to this year’s prom goers free of charge.

Isn’t that great!

In relatively small towns like ours, there’s generally only one place to buy a prom gown, and what you see is about 50 identical gowns in several sizes.

Now, it’s been a very long time since I went to a high school prom, but I do remember how important it was for every one of us to have a gown that was different from all the others.

The gowns are being displayed in the plate glass windows of the dry cleaner right now.

What a wonderful and happy project!

Makes me feel proud to live here.

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,443 total posts | Posted 26 days ago

Carolyn, they have something like that here.
They also have one with bridal gowns for brides that can’t afford them.

I have another 9 listings ready with 14 items. Still trying to get some more new items ready before the month’s end.

Fletcher was such a good boy. I went outside to check on him and on the back porch a nice 4 inch mouse. I looked at it and then Fletcher came running in and was so proud of it. Of course he had to be praised for a great job.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,412 total posts | Posted 26 days ago

One of my Siamese cats – My Thai – was especially fond of gerbils.

Our washing machine was on a pallet that had just enough room underneath it for a gerbil to scoot under.

The gerbil would get out of her cage, and head for the washing machine, then hide under it..

My Thai would sit there very patiently, waiting .. waiting.
waiting….waiting for the gerbil to come out.

This is NOT a horror story.

Ahyway, finally, the gerbil would come out of his hiding place, and Mt Thai would gently catch him in her moth and very carefully bring him to me to put back in his cage.

It was really funny.

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,599 total posts | Posted 26 days ago

Selah, none of us have recently been selecting a prize and truthfully no winners have been selected because nobody ever selected a prize. Carolyn and Dee have both been real generous sending surprises to us and one another but the brain exercise is as you said fun and fellowship.
Would be nice if we had your address so you might one day be part of someone’s generosity. Send it to me if you would rather not post it here for all to see, PLEASE
It is fun to have you back among us.
Enjoy your company and pop in whenever you have a few minutes going uphill

Good boy, Fletcher Good kitty.

BTW, I did recreate a nearly 500 word list and sent it just a tad late.
I do feel like I got some real brain exercise.
Thanks, Bette, for the challenge

Dee, I viewed the haberdashery video and only wish my lifestyle required such a shop. Hubby never any longer dresses more than what he finds on the rack at a local Box store. I love going to fancy boutiques but find I am just as comfortable in the local department store garb. The shop in MN would be fun to visit AND on the right day I might even be a buyer of something tailored especially for me….I’m worth it. Fun viewing.

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,443 total posts | Posted 25 days ago

Game Stats

4 Total Players
1686 Total words from all the players
421 Average word lists

Various challenges of
6+ letter words
7+ letter words
Joyce had her words ending in the letter Y

Getting ready for work.

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,418 total posts | Posted 25 days ago

Good morning! Welcome Selah! It is great to have you posting with us!
I really do enjoy all the kitty stories! Thanks for posting them!
Dee, so glad hubby’s surgery went well!
Glad you wee able to recreate your word list, Joyce!
Searching for a prom dress was quite the undertaking for us. I scouted the local shops and had a hard time finding one that sold modest dresses. We finally found one that looked like a little hole in the wall store and it was absolutely packed with dresses with hardly room to walk and we found one that was perfect.
Glad you wee able to recreate your word list, Joyce!
Got an appointment to get the snow tires off the car today, there will be more snow for sure, but hopefully it is warm enough it won’t stick to the roads anymore.

Abrafox's booth
Page
1 2 >
Spinner

You may adjust your notification preferences at any time

Minimum 6 characters; at least one number and one capital letter

If you become a seller on Bonanza, this information will become part of your public profile

New to Bonanza? Sign up to save items, follow sellers and get exclusive coupons.

Don't worry - Bonanza respects your inbox. We send less email and make it easy to opt out. Read our privacy policy »