Just letting you know...

This topic is about the game "Word Find Challenge." To read full rules for the game, click here.

Word Find Challenge ◄ May 20 2019 ► ► ►

Subscribe to Word Find Challenge ◄ May 20 2019 ► ► ► 29 posts 6 voices

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,533 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

This week’s hostess is Bette Policequilts

If you are new to this game, please read the rules below and look
forward to a challenge that provides both FUN and PRIZES!

No purchase required to play.
If you would like to donate a prize, we really appreciate it!
It makes the game even more fun!
Word Find Challenge

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
Game Objective:
Find as many words as you can using only the letters in the given word
or phrase.
Game

1) All found words must be 3 letters or longer.
2) Proper nouns are not allowed. This includes personal names, brand
names, cities, states, etc. The word is allowed if it also has a
dictionary meaning. Example: “pat” and “robin” are acceptable.
3) Words made by simply adding an “s” at the end are not allowed. Words
ending in “s” that have their own dictionary entries are acceptable.
Example: “pets” and “drives” are not allowed, but “alms” and “measles”
are fine.
4) No contractions. Examples: can’t, don’t, won’t are not allowed.
5) No acronyms. Examples: IBM, UCLA, OMG are not allowed.
6) All acceptable words must be found in a current English dictionary.
7) All entries must contain at least 75 words.
This game will be moderated jointly by joyce72747, Policequilts,
We will alternate hosting each week, allowing all of us to get in on the
challenge, fun and prizes.
The new word or phrase for the week will be posted on or before Monday
at noon EST/9:00am PST.
WFC will appear in the Games Forum as Word Find Challenge – Week of (Date).
You will have from the day the phrase is posted through Wednesday to
work on your list.
To make it easier to check, we ask that you please put only one word on
each line.
Your list should be bmailed to the host no later than Wednesday at 8pm
EST / 5pm PST .
On Thursday at 8 pm EST , one random winner will be selected from all
eligible entries.
The length of the longest list and the average of all participants will
be posted along with any other stats the host opts to share.
To enter the WFC game just post a note on the game thread saying you’ll
take the challenge and thus be placed on the Player List for the week.
Prize

Each week the randomly selected winner will have the choice of one prize
from all prizes offered and must post that choice to the thread.
All players will have a chance to win.
Once you have won a prize, you will not be eligible to win another prize
for a month.

Feel free to ask questions here or b-mail Joyce, Bette, Emily, Nancy or
Joyce – Joyce72747
Bette – Policequilts
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
h1. WFC

(alphabetical order)
Abrafox

AutumnLeaves
Catnutti
ccmom
ChelleysCottage

CindyBear
cshort0319

divinefabricsnmore

FrankandGladys
Joyce72747

masonictreasures
mrsdinkerson

NancysNostalgicDolls

oldbaloo
Policequilts

sidewingcreations
tammiestreasures
tearyblues888
wonderwoman
ZiggyZool

Winners

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,533 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Prizes

Note: Free Shipping of prizes applies to US only, unless otherwise specified.

Thank you so much to all our Prize Donors

cshort0319 Donated these prizes

. . . .
Choice of stick pin, … Christmas Charm,…. Snowman 3D sticker

. . . .
Silver Gold Trim,…. Measuring Spoons,…. Robby Robot Pencil sharpener toy

. .
25 Glass Marbles,….. 362 Red Glass beads

Policequilts Donated these prizes

Space Cat coin purse (2), … cat coin purse

Ribbon Bows, … Wooden Cat buttons

Give a man a fish, he eats for a day.
Teach him to fish, he eats for a lifetime . . .

Game phrase is:
TEACH HIM TO GARDEN AND THE WHOLE NEIGHBORHOOD
GETS TOMATOES, AND SQUASH, AND CUCUMBERS, AND . . .
A8, B2, C3, D6, E8, G3, H7, I2, L, M3, N6, O7
Q, R3, S5, T6, U3, W

PLAYERS:

Bette Received
Carolyn Received
Selah
Joyce

Yesterday was rain off and on.
Today gloomy.

Dee, so sorry on your lost. ))(((((DEE)))))(( (A little fluffy hug :-D )

Carolyn, just send everything that is making a mess at your place to me, and I fill a kiddy’s pool with all the beads and such and lay among them to absorb their creativity. :-D

Back is still not right and I really don’t want to see the chiropractor and start from scratch with x-rays and such.
I did make it through a couple of days of cleaning, even a clean the window day. After 4 hours the back gets really touchy about bending. I have time off and will try some more traction. I have on my wish list an inversion table. I think I make move that up more on my list.

And I did weed some of my gardens. I seem to be ok on my hands and knees and not to do too many “standing ups”.

The next few days there is to be rain. I should take advantage of this to get items ready to list.

Fletcher and Blue have been able to enjoy the outdoors. When I am working, I only let Fletcher go out since he’s the “Big Boy” and knows things. Well, I got home from one of my cleanings and changed. I opened the back door to see what I might be able to do when . . .
squished . And Fletcher came running into the back porch and I looked down and I squished a mouse he left me.
Urghhhh! I got to learn to look down when entering that porch.

Well, I guess I will get the cat boxes cleaned, floors swept and then get out the heating pad. I have a “Swing Master” that you lay down and place your ankles in the cradle of this machine. It has different speeds and it shifts your feet . legs side to side. It goes for about 15 minutes and it actually works from the feet up through the body. When the machine shuts off, it feels like you have walked miles. Really interesting machine that I learned from an elderly man that lived down the road from me.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,492 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Q’s are nice – lots of long words with q’s in them!

Some of My Favorite Things

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,451 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Bette, you accomplish more with a sore back than I do without a sore back!

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,287 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Bette I agree with Charlotte, You are, definitely ~ Amazing! Thanks for Hosting, once again, too, even tho’ I am pretty much a permanent peanut…I do enjoy reading the post of all here, players and non-players, it helps me in ways I have no words to describe!

Hugz to:kk ((((((Bette, Carolyn, Charlotte, Joyce, Selah/L))))))

We turned on the A/C today, can you believe that? Well, the house wasn’t really hot, it was stuffy, as we had showers off and on all day…my Columbine and my Snow In Winter are in full bloom, and I can see those out my living room (where I’m at most times of each day) large window, the Snow in Winter have a heady smell almost like Night Blooming Jasmine…when the A/C is off I plan on opening the side windows of the living room window, and let that wondrous scent sneak into this room…to delight 1st the nose, then the heart!

This Week’s Phrase Is:
TEACH HIM TO GARDEN AND THE WHOLE NEIGHBORHOOD GETS TOMATOES, AND SQUASH, AND CUCUMBERS, AND . . .
Q, R3, S5, T6, U3, W

Divine Fabrics n More

Game phrase is:

Q, R3, S5, T6, U3, W

Rain last night. I got a call from a garden client that wasn’t sure what was weeds and need to go over there this coming week.

Another gloomy day with rain that will be random throughout the day.

Game phrase is:

Q, R3, S5, T6, U3, W

Gloomy, but warm.

I had to pin Dee’s tomato gif to Pinterest under Garden and Yard in my SellersMall account.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,492 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

This is one of those letter combinations that ALMOST tempted me to try for words all having at least 8, 9 or 10 letters – or even more. But I have restrained myself.

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,640 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

I am definitely a player this week.
Fun letter combination AND oh, I wish for neighbors with a veggie garden. Not in this development…simply not allowed. Cute gif, Bette

So, off to exercise my brain.

Phrase this week:
Q, R3, S5, T6, U3, W

Have a wonderful everyone.

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,451 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Cooler and rain here and expected for the foreseeable future but at least it didn’t snow on the lilacs. Spent yesterday tidying and organizing in my craft room. Went to see “Poms” last night. It is a cute, if somewhat stereotypical old age type of movie. It was very enjoyable and the actors were great!

Game phrase is:

Q, R3, S5, T6, U3, W

Joyce, " Not in this development…simply not allowed"
You are kidding. You can’t have a garden in your yard.
Then do container gardening or along the house foundation gardening. “Accidently” have a few tomato plants among the flowers. I the big garden, I have rhubarb plants that look like bushes sometimes and other times, they have been cut down to be used.

Rained again last night which was good. I was able to divide and transplant purple palace in different gardens and they are rained in.

Starting to do more weeding today.
My back is better, but there are times that it becomes a bit too much and then either I am on my hands and knees weeding or in the house laying down.

Fletcher has been a big help in chasing the falling tree buds. You know if the tree buds get away, they can cause problems :-D

So, my 27 year old grandson calls and says: Explain this to me. How could it be 30 degrees when I went to be last night, and now it’s 80 degrees!

Remember when you were in Earth Science class and they taught you about cold fronts and warm fronts?

I’ll show you on the computer when you come over later today.

That’s the how. Later I’ll try to explain the why, kiddo!

Game phrase is:

Q, R3, S5, T6, U3, W

It was goofy today. I was able to work on the gardens and then a windy storm came through.

Carolyn, after explaining about the weather . . .
Can you tell me
Why is it when you brush you teeth, clean up, go potty and then get into bed, have one cat at your head, 3 cats along side of your body and 2 cats laying in between your legs that you have to get back up and go potty?
Could if be the vibrations of the cat purring sending me a message to go?

:-D

I think it’s one of those natural immutable laws that you have to do things in a certain order.

First, go potty.

Then wash up, and brush your teeth.

And then, go potty again.

Check to see if the cats have food and water.

Then go potty again!

Don’t skip any of tyhe steps. Don’t do them out of order!

Game phrase is:

Q, R3, S5, T6, U3, W

Carolyn, LOL
If you have multiple cats, “Why do they pin you in bed when you have to get up?”

Trying to figure out to take a trip to my sisters. It’s about 2 hours away and she has a lot of items for me to sell for her. I dread making this trip, partly the expressways. So, I am figuring out if I can take some back roads and to avoid those dreaded “turn abouts”.

For the first time in over 10 years, I actually got a package in the mail that was packed into a Raisin Bran cereal box!

From another seller, got a package wrapped in a a map – you know, the kind that gas stations used to give you, but now you generally get them on Thruways!

I guess people are definitely getting into recycling?

My newspapers are delivered each morning wrapped in a plastic tube-shaped bag; I use them as padding in packages. When I still had a cat, I lined the cat litter box with a plastic grocery bag – hey – I was recycling.

Still musing about how best to recycle the onslaught of political mail that has started coming – that heavy-weight, multi-colored, shiny paper probably doesn’t recycle well……..

I actually had a sale here today on something I thought would never sell – that was exciting.

One more about weather. Eileen and I ran errands today, It was quite warm when we left at 1 in the afternoon – about 82 degrees. We stopped for a quick snack, came out – and the temperature had dropped 21 degrees. Sun was still shining, no wind. Just odd.

Game phrase is:

Q, R3, S5, T6, U3, W

Word lists are due TONIGHT

Looks like a crappy day.
Fletcher figured out how to slide a drawer out of shelving unit that I have his treats in. AND HE WAS SO HAPPY grabbing his treats out and running off with them.

Congratulations on the sale, Carolyn!

It’s because they love you, Bette!

All that hot weather now and cold in a few minutes, are you sure you weren’t in Utah? 85 degrees one day and snowing the next here. Cool and rainy here.

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,640 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Good news for me…my WFC entry has been sent.
Also good news, it is sunny and mid 70’s here.

About the routine…yes, I have a very definite morning routine including cat time and potty breaks etc. Beau would be really put out if I altered anything. Best news…he doesn’t care when my routine starts as long as he gets HIS time. Cats are definitely creatures of habits.

To all my WFC friends, Happy love purple

Game stats

3 Total players
1500 Total words from all the players
500 Average word lists

Bette and Carolyn did 7+ letter words
Joyce 6+ letter words and words containing either “Q” or “W”

Great job everyone

Thanks for hosting, Bette!

Great stats! Couldn’t ask for better
UNLESS there were more players.
Maybe next week more will join in the brain exercise.

Heading north today.
Bob’s mother back in hospital AND
dear friend of mine is home from hospital and
on oxygen and using a walker all of a sudden. Another
friend and I are going to visit and take her to lunch.
Have a

Posted by selah53, Canada. 447 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

dang… missed playing again. I’ve been sooooo busy trying to get garden planted and cleaning up my pig sty as my sister is coming for a visit soon.

Sorry I missed it – hopefully next week.

Take care everyone!

selah53's booth

Don’t feel guilty – sometimes, the real world gets in the way!

The door is always open for our friends.

Posted by selah53, Canada. 447 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

I love that about you guys…. you’re so easy to get along with :)

selah53's booth

There’s something very special about this group.

We really like each other a lot. We worry about each other.

We rejoice when one of us had a good thing happen, and we grieve when one of is is sad.

We share our lives.

We’re comfortable with each other.

Ditto Carolyn.
We have each others phone #’s so IF we are away too long someone generally calls and checks on us. Made me feel important.

……