Just letting you know...

This topic is about the game "Word Find Challenge." To read full rules for the game, click here.

Word Find Challenge ◄ March 18 2019 ► ► ►

Subscribe to Word Find Challenge ◄ March 18 2019 ► ► ► 25 posts 5 voices

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,443 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

This week’s hostess is Bette Policequilts

If you are new to this game, please read the rules below and look
forward to a challenge that provides both FUN and PRIZES!

No purchase required to play.
If you would like to donate a prize, we really appreciate it!
It makes the game even more fun!
Word Find Challenge

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
Game Objective:
Find as many words as you can using only the letters in the given word
or phrase.
Game

1) All found words must be 3 letters or longer.
2) Proper nouns are not allowed. This includes personal names, brand
names, cities, states, etc. The word is allowed if it also has a
dictionary meaning. Example: “pat” and “robin” are acceptable.
3) Words made by simply adding an “s” at the end are not allowed. Words
ending in “s” that have their own dictionary entries are acceptable.
Example: “pets” and “drives” are not allowed, but “alms” and “measles”
are fine.
4) No contractions. Examples: can’t, don’t, won’t are not allowed.
5) No acronyms. Examples: IBM, UCLA, OMG are not allowed.
6) All acceptable words must be found in a current English dictionary.
7) All entries must contain at least 75 words.
This game will be moderated jointly by joyce72747, Policequilts,
We will alternate hosting each week, allowing all of us to get in on the
challenge, fun and prizes.
The new word or phrase for the week will be posted on or before Monday
at noon EST/9:00am PST.
WFC will appear in the Games Forum as Word Find Challenge – Week of (Date).
You will have from the day the phrase is posted through Wednesday to
work on your list.
To make it easier to check, we ask that you please put only one word on
each line.
Your list should be bmailed to the host no later than Wednesday at 8pm
EST / 5pm PST .
On Thursday at 8 pm EST , one random winner will be selected from all
eligible entries.
The length of the longest list and the average of all participants will
be posted along with any other stats the host opts to share.
To enter the WFC game just post a note on the game thread saying you’ll
take the challenge and thus be placed on the Player List for the week.
Prize

Each week the randomly selected winner will have the choice of one prize
from all prizes offered and must post that choice to the thread.
All players will have a chance to win.
Once you have won a prize, you will not be eligible to win another prize
for a month.

Feel free to ask questions here or b-mail Joyce, Bette, Emily, Nancy or
Joyce – Joyce72747
Bette – Policequilts
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
h1. WFC

(alphabetical order)
Abrafox

AutumnLeaves
Catnutti
ccmom
ChelleysCottage

CindyBear
cshort0319

divinefabricsnmore

FrankandGladys
Joyce72747

masonictreasures
mrsdinkerson

NancysNostalgicDolls

oldbaloo
Policequilts

sidewingcreations
tammiestreasures
tearyblues888
wonderwoman
ZiggyZool

Winners

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,443 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Prizes

Note: Free Shipping of prizes applies to US only, unless otherwise specified.

Thank you so much to all our Prize Donors

cshort0319 Donated these prizes

. . . .
Choice of stick pin, … Christmas Charm,…. Snowman 3D sticker

. . . .
Silver Gold Trim,…. Measuring Spoons,…. Robby Robot Pencil sharpener toy

. .
25 Glass Marbles,….. 362 Red Glass beads

Policequilts Donated these prizes

Space Cat coin purse (2), … cat coin purse

Ribbon Bows, … Wooden Cat buttons

A BEST FRIEND IS LIKE A FOUR LEAF CLOVER,
HARD TO FIND AND LUCKY TO HAVE

A6, B, C2, D4, E6, F4, H2, I4, K2, L4, N3, O4,
R4, S2, T3, U2, V2, Y

PLAYERS

Bette Received
Joyce Received
Carolyn Received
Emily Received

Yesterday, just getting out of work and it started to rain and a huge crack of thunder. Holy Smokes. I wanted to stop and do some banking and shopping, but I thought with all that rain is to get home. I barely get into my driveway and everything cleared up.

Yesterday was so warm, it’s going to be hard for keep myself in to work on items for sale when I want to be outside, but then, all the mud.

eBay gave us 200 free listings and I spent last night relisting 100 items so far. Tonight, I will work on the balance of items to be relisted. Then to get the new items listed.

Start working on another bag of clothing.

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,599 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Bette, sounds like weather there is similar to weather here. We had gloom, rain, sunshine, rain, gloom, sunshine, warm temps (60) and the horrific winds yesterday/last night.
Now today is in the 30’s Spring, oh, spring, where art though?

I’ll be out with a group of gals this evening with a dinner theater night out. Should be fun. Looking forward.

Thanks for starting the new thread, Bette.
Bet that means a phrase will soon be appearing.

Collectibles and So Much More

the game phrase is already posted :-D

R4, S2, T3, U2, V2, Y

PLAYERS

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,599 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

LOL….I was having a lunch and suddenly realized the phrase was there and I totally spaced seeing it.

Good phrase AND I’ll be exercising.

…….

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,257 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

((((((((Bette))))))))) Oh you just made the players ecstatically HAPPY! …:::teehee….
Thanks for the fluffing in the mail, hon! I needed that!

Here’s this week’s phrase:

R4, S2, T3, U2, V2, Y

. . .and ONLY a Bestest Kind of Friend would Share: (winking’ and laughing’ here!)

LOL!

This also gave me a little giggle…as I sold some items yesterday, that I had listed.

and I sent it like below…aka Priority! LOLOL!

Have a wonderful weekend, Dearies!

Dee

Divine Fabrics n More

This week’s game phrase is:

R4, S2, T3, U2, V2, Y

So, I am trying to work and
CRASH – BANG – BOOM
Look up and see
Flashes of cats jumping and boxes falling.
(PS – Blue is not the most graceful cat while jumping)
Go back to see
Boxes here, Boxes there,
Some fabric here and there
Then there are feathers here and there

and then

There is Blue with Little Girl, Dottie, and Alfalfa watching him beat up a bird.
I seem to always get a bird in the house once in a while.

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,418 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

I love hearing about your kitties, Bette!
Thanks for posting the inspiration and funnies, Dee! Congratulations on the sales!
I hope you had fun on your lunch outing, Joyce!
Are you getting caught up, Carolyn? You have so many pretty bead listings!
I got a new toy. It is a (Chuck Norris) Total Gym. And yes, my shoulders and arms are sore today!

Abrafox's booth

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,412 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

I think, Charlotte, I got caught up on overdue orders today and got them in the mail!

People have been very kind and understanding.

Daughter Eileen and I have these question, though.

Every holiday, the food stores are crammed with overflowing shopping carts. I understand that – good family celebrations.

Eileen and I went grocery shopping today for the corned Beef and cabbage fixings.

The stores were jam packed with shoppers.

But, here’s what puzzles us.

Why is everyone out shopping for these immense amounts of food? Seems like half those people should be guests at someone else’s home…..so, why are they all in the stores buying the very same things?

Just doesn’t make sense……..

Anyway, we got what we needed and came home, fighting traffic all the way.

If we forgot anything – too bad!

I have a whole bunch of listings ready to get up, but the most difficult part is over. YeA!!!

Some of My Favorite Things

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,257 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

ANYone, EVERYone . . .is WELCOMED to Play WFC Game!
You might also come and hang out with us…

This week’s phrase is:

R4, S2, T3, U2, V2, Y

Remember. . .
We are or can be as such. . .

Hope Your Weekend’s Going Well and Fine, with a Touch of Rest, with Plenty of Smiles and a Resounding Delightfullness of Laughter!

Divine Fabrics n More

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,418 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Good Afternoon!

Abrafox's booth

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,412 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Everything is under control with the Corned Beef and Cabbage dinner scheduled for about 6:30 tonight.

You probably have heard that maybe St. Patrick was actually Italian?

Well, we’ve got that covered.

His feast is the 19th – 2 days away – so we’re combiining the Irish food with an Italian dessert – cannoli!

We’re not really big on beer, so we’re skipping that.

Everything smells really good.

Last year, when I was in the hospital, I convinced Michael that he could make the dinner. Well, he moaned and groaned about how impossible that would be. But, Michael, you just dump it all in one big pot – easy-peasey!

And to his amazement, it really is that easy.

It’s not something I would enjoy more than once a year, though, but is is definitely good.

My dad used to be pretty tricky back when we kids were teenagers and in our early 20’s. He always made in for New Years Day – promptly at noon.

We finally figured it out, though. Any of us who might have been overindulging in the beer the night before, really had no appetite for a full Corned Beef dinner at noon the next day.

He never had to say a word………

This week’s phrase is:

R4, S2, T3, U2, V2, Y

That bird came out of hiding/ back in hiding/ in hiding and the cats and I are running trying to get the bugger. I’m running with the broom but the cats are running across my path throwing off my air to smack it.

eBay gave us 200 free listings a couple of days ago and I wanted to use them. I did get everything relisted plus I had some more new items listed. My understanding is that on the 18th, eBay will be enforced GTC (good til cancelled) which means that once it goes over 30 days, the listing will relist and if you have no free listings left, you will be charge .35 a listing. Now, it will be more work on eBay to watch for those GTC listings and manually ending them on the 29th day so they won’t relist and be charged.

• One more hoop to jump through, but it will be done when they force us into eBay’s in-house payment.

A delicious St Paddy’s day at our house.
I made the traditional corned beef and cabbage.
Bob agreed to enjoy the fattier meat than his diet alows
and seemed he enjoyed as did I Dieting is not a steadfast rule.

Carolyn, love your Italian inclusion. LOL

Bette, ebay has issues that the mom/pop seller is tiring of.
Good for you with your icy determination it takes to continue selling there.

Charlotte, I did enjoy my lunch with lady-friends. TYVM

I was disappointed when I learned Sunday afternoon our card playing friends wouldn’t be coming last night. She had a miserable cold. BUT rather they stay home than bring a nasty cold along that might have stayed with us. Night of card playing to be rescheduled.

I’ll mention yesterday we woke to a huge flaky snow blizzard. Huge flakes for 15 minutes or so followed by lesser flakes creating a total ground cover. It had all melted by 4:00vyesterday afternoon. Strange weather. Today is sunny and should be 45 degrees all week.
Spring is springing.

Spring has sprung. The grass is riz.
I wonder where the flowers iz!

My brother’s Birthday is the FIRST Day of Spring…which is right around the corner — Hoooorayyy!

Bette…I picture you running with the broom and the kitties watching and wondering ‘’why would mommie use that hairy stick, can’t she catch that birdie with her paws & mouth, like we can?"

LOLOL!

Carolyn, you’re a poet and ya’ know it! LOL!

Charlotte…I’ve been told ‘’no pain, no gain’’

So, hon, keep up the Good Workouts!

Grinning, here…teehee….

Joyce you are so blessed and lucky to have such fun friends!

This Week’s Phrase Is:

R4, S2, T3, U2, V2, Y

Divine Fabrics n More

R4, S2, T3, U2, V2, Y

Don’t know where the bird is BUT. . .
We had running throughout the house with some growling.
Turned on the light and Blue caught a mouse and everyone wanted it. I threw a rectangular laundry basket down and Blue and the mouse jump in it to keep the others away.

Bette…keep an eye out for a ’’Medium Flat Rate PRIORITY Box Flufferer" LOL re flutterer!

‘k seriously, I’m not kidding about the MFR, PBox, tho’

This Week’s Phrase Is:

R4, S2, T3, U2, V2, Y

An aside. . .where we raised our kids was in our very 1st house (the house we’re in now is our 3rd), and there was a patch of clover across from the back door which opened onto the driveway. Every year the kids and I would find no less than ONE four leaf clover in that patch directly across from our back door(which was on the right side of the driveway) but on the left side of the driveway in a strip of clover and grass…when our daughter got married she and her ex, but hubby at the time, bought our house (for a song! LOL!) When the little ones were old enough I think our granddaughter was around 7 and her brother only 3, I said to them “Let’s go outside to play, and let’s see if we can find a four leaf clover, too, today!” Once I showed them what to look for, even the little one looked although he’s shout out “I got it!” with ever clover he pulled and all those were 3 leafed clovers…then C, my granddaughter said, “Hunny! I found one!” and sure enough she did! About 5 minutes later K found another one, of course they were SO excited and delighted…isn’t it a wonderful time simple things bring such a depth of delight and happiness to the kids?…and in witnessing such, we too, feel our spirits giggle! Ahhhhhh…the Joys of childhood pasts! I have many memories of such, I still delight in, today. . .

Dee

Divine Fabrics n More

Tuesday was spent inNW IN wherte we had lunch and visited with Bob’s mother. She is really doing well at the moment. I truly wish we could relax and figure she is going to be fine but at 89 yrs old we can’t help but worry what tomorrow might bring.
Praise the Lord she is in decent health, happy and no immediate concerns.

My list for this game is all but done.
I may make a second list of words all containing the “ck” letyters.
Time is running out. I’ll work on it Wednesday.

Dee, you are too much, my friend.
Thanks for being a true Bonanza WFC friend.

Bette, those kitties are some that you most likely could write a book.
So many cat lovers would really enjoy the read.

All for now. Off to bed.
See you kids tomorrow.

R4, S2, T3, U2, V2, Y

Word Lists are due TONIGHT

Dee, I have one eye on the mailbox and the other on my cats.

I saw this on Pinterest and laughed my butt off

Good morning! At least for a while, thunderstorms expected here today.
Glad to hear your MIL is doing well, Joyce!
Love to hear about your kitties’adventures, Bette!
Dee, I think about the children today and am sad that they know nothing about the usual and regular activities of children in the (not too distant) past. It’s been a long time since we have looked for four leaf clover in our lawn.
Spring may have sprung, Carolyn, but the lake here is still frozen over as of two days ago. I need to see if the ice has broken up, as we have had lots of wind.
I hosted fire meeting last night and we learned about Carbon Monoxide. It took a long time to prepare but went well. I think everyone learned a lot and had fun.
My laptop died, totally my fault as I accidentally closed the lid with a pen in it, and another time tripped over the power cord, both combined to totally shatter the plastic inside where the hinges attach. My son, the self taught computer expert, is doing his best to repair it for me. Meanwhile I am using my old laptop with the Vista operating system. It took some getting used to to navigate the “old way” and had to update as much as possible.

Abrafox's booth

Game stats

4 Total Players
2,000 Total words from all the players
500 Average word list

5+ & 6+ letter word lists.

• - * – * – * – * – * – *

The day started off gloomy.
A little chill in the air and finally some sunshine.

Fletcher spent most of the day outside.
The rest of the cats just ran all over the house.
I did get even with a couple of them. Dee’s package came in and there were smaller pieces of bubble wrap with tape. Some how these pieces found the butts of some of the cats. Well, that kept them busy. LOL

Spinner

You may adjust your notification preferences at any time

Minimum 6 characters; at least one number and one capital letter

If you become a seller on Bonanza, this information will become part of your public profile

New to Bonanza? Sign up to save items, follow sellers and get exclusive coupons.

Don't worry - Bonanza respects your inbox. We send less email and make it easy to opt out. Read our privacy policy »