Just letting you know...

This topic is about the game "Word Find Challenge." To read full rules for the game, click here.

Word Find Challenge ◄ October 28, 2019 ►

Subscribe to Word Find Challenge ◄ October 28,  2019 ► 21 posts 5 voices

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,740 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

This week’s hostess is Carolyn cshort0319

If you are new to this game, please read the rules below and look
forward to a challenge that provides both FUN and PRIZES!

No purchase required to play.
If you would like to donate a prize, we really appreciate it!
It makes the game even more fun!
Word Find Challenge

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
Game Objective:
Find as many words as you can using only the letters in the given word
or phrase.
Game

1) All found words must be 3 letters or longer.
2) Proper nouns are not allowed. This includes personal names, brand
names, cities, states, etc. The word is allowed if it also has a
dictionary meaning. Example: “pat” and “robin” are acceptable.
3) Words made by simply adding an “s” at the end are not allowed. Words
ending in “s” that have their own dictionary entries are acceptable.
Example: “pets” and “drives” are not allowed, but “alms” and “measles”
are fine.
4) No contractions. Examples: can’t, don’t, won’t are not allowed.
5) No acronyms. Examples: IBM, UCLA, OMG are not allowed.
6) All acceptable words must be found in a current English dictionary.
7) All entries must contain at least 75 words.
This game will be moderated jointly by joyce72747, Policequilts,
We will alternate hosting each week, allowing all of us to get in on the
challenge, fun and prizes.
The new word or phrase for the week will be posted on or before Monday
at noon EST/9:00am PST.
WFC will appear in the Games Forum as Word Find Challenge – Week of (Date).
You will have from the day the phrase is posted through Wednesday to
work on your list.
To make it easier to check, we ask that you please put only one word on
each line.
Your list should be bmailed to the host no later than Wednesday at 8pm
EST / 5pm PST .
On Thursday at 8 pm EST , one random winner will be selected from all
eligible entries.
The length of the longest list and the average of all participants will
be posted along with any other stats the host opts to share.
To enter the WFC game just post a note on the game thread saying you’ll
take the challenge and thus be placed on the Player List for the week.

(alphabetical order)
Abrafox

AutumnLeaves
Catnutti
ccmom
ChelleysCottage

CindyBear
cshort0319

divinefabricsnmore

FrankandGladys
Joyce72747

masonictreasures
mrsdinkerson

NancysNostalgicDolls

oldbaloo
Policequilts

sidewingcreations
tammiestreasures
tearyblues888
wonderwoman

Note: Free Shipping of prizes applies to US only, unless otherwise specified.

Thank you so much to all our Prize Donors

Prizes

Note: Free Shipping of prizes applies to US only, unless otherwise specified.

Thank you so much to all our Prize Donors

cshort0319 ; ; Donated these prizes

. . . .
Choice of stick pin, … Christmas Charm,…. Snowman 3D sticker

. . . .
Silver Gold Trim,…. Measuring Spoons,…. Robby Robot Pencil sharpener toy

. .
25 Glass Marbles,….. 362 Red Glass beads

divinefabricsnmore ; ; Donated these prizes

A Double Sided Scrubby

Policequilts ; ; Donated these prizes

;
Space Cat coin purse (2), … cat coin purse

Ribbon Bows, … Wooden Cat buttons

Players:

Bette – Submitted
Carolyn – Submitted
Joyce – Submitted
Selah
:??
??
?

Some of My Favorite Things

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,740 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

The next post from me will be the Halloween quote and letter count.

All treats – no tricks. Charlie Brown is one of my favorites!

Linus: On Halloween night, the Great Pumpkin rises from his pumpkin patch and flies through the air with his bag of toys to all the children.

A 7, B 1, C 2 ,D 2, E 9, F 3, G 4, H 12, I 11, K 2, L 7, M 3, N 8, 0 7. P 5, R 6, S 7, T 10, U 4, W 2, Y 1

Total letter count 113 letters

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,710 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

New game phrase is:

Linus: On Halloween night, the Great Pumpkin rises from his pumpkin patch and flies through the air with his bag of toys to all the children.

A 7, B 1, C 2 ,D 2, E 9, F 3, G 4, H 12, I 11, K 2, L 7, M 3, N 8, 0 7. P 5, R 6, S 7, T 10, U 4, W 2, Y 1

HOLY COW, soooooooooooooooo many letters.
I am trying to do words starting with the letters of PUMPKIN.

Later, I am taking my truck to the neighbor down the road. I think the u-joint is going, plus other problems.
The farm guy who did a brake job 2 weeks ago, did something wrong and in the mean time he had a heart attack so that I can’t have him to take care of the problem.

Lots of letters, but how many words can you think of that have: 11 “I’s” or 12 “H’s”, or 10 “T’s” — When you get right down to it, all those multi-duplicated letters are meaningless!

Not even “tintinnabulation” comes close to using up very many of the duplicates.

I just like the idea of themed quotes. And, you know what else? No need for vulgar or obscene words that’s a real plus.

Actually, this one is a piece of cake, with all the choices. I think the fact that there’s only 1 “B” is the real challenge.

My particular challenge is finding words purely by reading news stories. Even that isn’t really difficult – when you look at the brilliant word smiths combined with the semi-illiterate hacks – it becomes a piece of cake.

I just read a relatively short commentary from the Washington Post, came up with 27 words – and I’d already found over 500 more in a couple pages – mostly from (dare I say it- ?) politicians.

My problem is knowing when to stop!

Have fun!

Carolyn

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,728 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Well, a FUN phrase for sure!
Yes, LOTS of letters and LOTS of duplicates.
ALSO 21 of the 26 letters of the alphabet.
My guess is there will be no problem finding tons of wordws.
The challenge for each his own.
Like your idea, Bette.
Me, too, Carolyn. Hard to stop.

My problem is I’m leaving home this evening and won’t return until sometime Sunday early evening.

AND I so wanted to use a new word I read. JINGOISTIC
Should have know this word but I didn’t
Definition: characterized by extreme patriotism, especially in the form of aggressive or warlike foreign policy.
My Australian book used the word and it is in our Webster dictionary.
Never to old to learn something new.
Right away I notice no

I’ll be exercising but will not post over the weekend.
25 women at an autumn/Halloween luncheon tomorrow I’m dressing as a witch(not original)
And then Sunday in the same area is a celebration of life for a friend’s husband who passed. Fun and not so fun weekend.
See you around

You know, Joyce, on my father’s side of the family, we are related to the first woman burned at the stake for being a witch.

Here’s a very short version of the event: In June 1692, the special Court of Oyer and Terminer [“to hear and to decide”] convened in Salem under Chief Justice William Stoughton to judge the accused. The first to be tried was Bridget Bishop of Salem, who was accused of witchcraft by more individuals than any other defendant. Bishop, known around town for her dubious moral character, frequented taverns, dressed flamboyantly (by Puritan standards), and was married three times. She professed her innocence but was found guilty and executed by hanging on June 10. Thirteen more women and five men from all stations of life followed her to the gallows, and one man, Giles Corey, was executed by crushing. Most of those tried were condemned on the basis of the witnesses’ behavior during the actual proceedings, characterized by fits and hallucinations that were argued to have been caused by the defendants on trial.

In October 1692, Governor William Phipps of Massachusetts ordered the Court of Oyer and Terminer dissolved and replaced with the Superior Court of Judicature, which forbade the type of sensational testimony allowed in the earlier trials. Executions ceased, and the Superior Court eventually released all those awaiting trial and pardoned those sentenced to death. The Salem witch trials, which resulted in the executions of 19 innocent women and men, had effectively ended.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/first-salem-witch-hanging
Access Date

When my daughter and I went to Salem a few years ago at Halloween, we went to the Witches’ Museum, and there she is, first on the list on the wall. We also went to a mock trail of witch burning – fascinating.

Here’s the most fascinating part of the trip.

It was a bus trip with 54 passengers.

We arrived late afternoon and set out for dinner and a walking tour. We had NOT been to our hotel; we didn’t even know its name.

We had a guided tour. By all that’s holy, I swear to you that our guide lost 53 of the 54 passengers.

The one she didn’t lose was a child – fortunately, actually, because the police did an immediate search and found her and the guide. The guide hadn’t even noticed that all the rest of us were missing!

As far as we were concerned, our ancestor Bridget Bishop was either a good witch or a fairy godmother.

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,710 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

New game phrase is:

Today was sort of nice out.

• I manage to get plastic on the windows except the basement ones.
  • Started to emptied/use the water in all the buckets. I still have time to work on this project before the water starts to freeze and ruin the barrels.
  • The cats had the day out and enjoyed themselves. When I got home 2 out the 3 wanted in the house.
  • I decided to work on a client’s garden and cutting down plants. It was too late to start sorting the items I had on the back porch, so I thought I get a few hours in gardening.
  • Tomorrow is suppose to be nice, too, so I will do my sorting of clothing.

New game phrase is:

Nice day.

• Early I went to my client homes and finish taking down plants and some weeding.
  • I spent some time taking pictures of clothing. I also got some sorting done.

Tomorrow, it’s suppose to rain.
I think I have projects ready for the day.

New game phrase is:

Wet and drizzly day.
Most of the cats are sleeping off the all day fun day from yesterday.

Working on my clothing selling site. Working on old inventory and changing prices out.

It is really cold here in the northeast today. Brrrrr

Late last week, Eileen needed her brakes relined – extremely expensive, but far too dangerous to let it slide.

Then yesterday, she picked up a screw in one of her tires – totally embedded.

I’ve just been hanging around inside, trying to get caught up on lots of stuff. Good excuse to stay inside.

Even better,a wonderful day to snuggle up with a good book – guilt-free!

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,728 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Better than a day light but…. I’m back.

Rained lots here over the past 20+ hours but at least there is electricity her, unlike NW Indiana for the past 20 or so
Anyway, I w3ill be exercising tomorrow and hope to create a list including all Halloween related words.

I’ll catch up on posts and hit the WFC phrase tomorrow.
Goodnight for now.

Well here I am 11 hours later and see nobody has posted recently
Guess I can say

Next I’ll mention I AM exercising me brain.
Just added big black bat to my Halloween themed list.. couldn’t help myself
Tons of fun words and they are all memory stimulators from Halloween years gone by. I wonder how many tykes go out in the knocking on doors or shouting the familiar dressed as a cowboy or cowgirl…

Times have changed in so many ways.

ok, hope you
Phrase and letter count this game:

A7, B1, C2 ,D2, E9, F3, G4, H12, I11, K2, L7,
M3, N8, 07. P5, R6, S7, T10, U4, W2, Y1

Back to my list.

New game phrase is:

It’s gray and extremely windy here.

I got all the prices updated on my clothing shop. This morning I started pinning some of the items.
I need to start processing some new clothing items. I have a bag of items that I did manage to take pictures and need description done.

It’s gray and extremely windy here…must be Wisconsin…lol
Good morning, Bette.

Good for you on all the accomplishments.
It takes time but you make it seem easy. we all know it isn’t
You work hard and do a GREAT job.

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,353 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Hello Dearies I am back from my Booth/me being ‘’On Vacation’’ Unfortunately, for some reason, my Booth is NOT up and running, even tho’ I clicked on ’’No’’ under Settings regard Booth on Vacation…so I had to write to support because my booth should no longer be closed/invisible/empty/on vacation…things that make me go ’’Hmmmmm?"

I Hope each of you are doing well as possible! Take Care! Enjoy Autumn time!

Divine Fabrics n More

, back when I put my booth on vacation they notified me there was something I’d need to update if I wanted to reopen my booth. I haven’t done it and actually have no intention of reopening my booth. Good luck getting the answer to your inquiry.

I just added the word curfew to my Halloween themed word list. I realize I am not sure when curfew is this year in this neighborhood. Come to think of it I may not be here Halloween anyway. I am suppose to go to my high school luncheon AND stay in NW Indiana to help my friend again that is still getting ready for her move to AZ

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,710 total posts | Posted 29 days ago

Word lists are due TONIGHT.

I mowed my lawn and the neighbors lawn.
This is the last cutting for the neighbors lawn.
I still have one or two cutting, basically to mulch the leaves.

I got the descriptions down for one bag of clothing.

Posted by mrsdinkerson, Northwest Suburbs, IL. 14,638 total posts | Posted 29 days ago

Greetings, Everyone! I’ve been SUPER busy at work and haven’t had time for much else when home but sleeping and eating. It’s that time of year- fourth quarter – in retail where all the money is made for the year at the store. (translation: Emily has to put all that stuff out on the floor for people to buy!)
Anyway…I do think of you all and miss playing the game. Nothing is much new with me, but did enjoy talking to Bette last week. We were both so proud of her Little Girl for catching a house mouse! I’m thinking she isn’t much bigger than a house mouse, but she sure did a good job keeping it away from all the other cats! Too funny!
Charlotte…are you getting snow out there yet? I saw on the weather that it’s coming your way. Which means it won’t be much longer and it will reach the Midwest. Yuck. Not looking forward to it. That’s why I posted a lovely Fall gif instead!
lol
Hope you’re all doing well!

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,740 total posts | Posted 29 days ago

Joyce sent in a great list!

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,740 total posts | Posted 29 days ago

Little bit early.

Bette came in with 507 words, all 6+ letters, all ending in suffixes.

Joyce came in at 500 words, all Halloween-themed. Carolyn – so many choices. 707 words, all 7 or more letters.
Heavy on words starting with A, B, P, R and S.
Got real lazy and slacked off on The rest of the alphabet.

Whew! We all did a good job.

Next week, if all goes well, Bette is hostess. If she’s overwhelmed, I can do it. (I actually have a phrase ready – a quote from Erma Bombeck.)