Just letting you know...

This topic is about the game "Word Find Challenge." To read full rules for the game, click here.

Word Find Challenge ◄ Aug 12 2019 ► ► ►

Subscribe to Word Find Challenge ◄ Aug 12 2019 ► ► ► 23 posts 5 voices

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,650 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

This week’s hostess is Bette Policequilts

If you are new to this game, please read the rules below and look
forward to a challenge that provides both FUN and PRIZES!

No purchase required to play.
If you would like to donate a prize, we really appreciate it!
It makes the game even more fun!
Word Find Challenge

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
Game Objective:
Find as many words as you can using only the letters in the given word
or phrase.
Game

1) All found words must be 3 letters or longer.
2) Proper nouns are not allowed. This includes personal names, brand
names, cities, states, etc. The word is allowed if it also has a
dictionary meaning. Example: “pat” and “robin” are acceptable.
3) Words made by simply adding an “s” at the end are not allowed. Words
ending in “s” that have their own dictionary entries are acceptable.
Example: “pets” and “drives” are not allowed, but “alms” and “measles”
are fine.
4) No contractions. Examples: can’t, don’t, won’t are not allowed.
5) No acronyms. Examples: IBM, UCLA, OMG are not allowed.
6) All acceptable words must be found in a current English dictionary.
7) All entries must contain at least 75 words.
This game will be moderated jointly by joyce72747, Policequilts,
We will alternate hosting each week, allowing all of us to get in on the
challenge, fun and prizes.
The new word or phrase for the week will be posted on or before Monday
at noon EST/9:00am PST.
WFC will appear in the Games Forum as Word Find Challenge – Week of (Date).
You will have from the day the phrase is posted through Wednesday to
work on your list.
To make it easier to check, we ask that you please put only one word on
each line.
Your list should be bmailed to the host no later than Wednesday at 8pm
EST / 5pm PST .
On Thursday at 8 pm EST , one random winner will be selected from all
eligible entries.
The length of the longest list and the average of all participants will
be posted along with any other stats the host opts to share.
To enter the WFC game just post a note on the game thread saying you’ll
take the challenge and thus be placed on the Player List for the week.
Prize

Each week the randomly selected winner will have the choice of one prize
from all prizes offered and must post that choice to the thread.
All players will have a chance to win.
Once you have won a prize, you will not be eligible to win another prize
for a month.

Feel free to ask questions here or b-mail Joyce, Bette, Emily, Nancy or
Joyce – Joyce72747
Bette – Policequilts
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
h1. WFC

(alphabetical order)
Abrafox

AutumnLeaves
Catnutti
ccmom
ChelleysCottage

CindyBear
cshort0319

divinefabricsnmore

FrankandGladys
Joyce72747

masonictreasures
mrsdinkerson

NancysNostalgicDolls

oldbaloo
Policequilts

sidewingcreations
tammiestreasures
tearyblues888
wonderwoman

Winners

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,650 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Prizes

Note: Free Shipping of prizes applies to US only, unless otherwise specified.

Thank you so much to all our Prize Donors

cshort0319 Donated these prizes

. . . .
Choice of stick pin, … Christmas Charm,…. Snowman 3D sticker

. . . .
Silver Gold Trim,…. Measuring Spoons,…. Robby Robot Pencil sharpener toy

. .
25 Glass Marbles,….. 362 Red Glass beads

divinefabricsnmore Donated these prizes

A Double Sided Scrubby

Policequilts Donated these prizes

Space Cat coin purse (2), … cat coin purse

Ribbon Bows, … Wooden Cat buttons

HAVE YOU EVER LISTENED TO SOMEONE FOR A WHILE AND WONDERED
" WHO TIES YOUR SHOELACES FOR YOU? "

A4, C, D4, E13, F2, H4, I3, L3, M, N4, O11, R5,
S5, T3, U3, V2, W3, Y3

PLAYERS
Bette RECEIVED
Carolyn RECEIVED
Joyce
Selah RECEIVED

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,658 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Ready when you are, Bette!

We had a couple of bizarre storms last night – sort of like mini-tornadoes that came down in very tiny areas, bending tree branches to the ground, knocking out transformers – and, of course, all electric power as well as internet service.

It didn’t cool anything down at all; just increased the humidity and general stickiness.

The cable guys were very helpful in getting back my computer service, and I’ve been able to get some work done.

I had hoped to knock off everything on my “to-do” list, but my plan was entirely too grandiose. It’s going to take several days to get it all done.

Went to my cardiologist yesterday for a defibrillator test – incredible; they pass a wand over your chest (you don’t even get undressed for it), and 10 seconds later, the test is over. Can you believe it. It reads everything. You can’t cheat. Tells if you’ve had an incident; if you’ve been exercising, your salt intake is too high. Even more amazing, it shows exactly what time on what day you were naughty!

Anyway, I remain my cardiologist’s “Most Boring Patient” reputation – everything is absolutely fine.

It’s really great not to have to worry about that aspect of my health so far.

Time to go read a book.

Some of My Favorite Things

Very busy week and got a lot of stuff done.

• I have my and the neighbors lawn mowed.
  • I only went to a client’s home and finished weeding her yard in just 4 hours.
  • I touched up the weed on all the gardens that have “been weeded”.
  • With the rain and humidity kept the soil just right that I was finally cleaned up the Big garden against the neighbors hay field. YEAH!
  • With the rain, I managed to move some more plants.
  • I have enlarged the back garden and made it easier to mow and to work around the exposed root. It’s planted, but need a little more. I had transplanted a baby rose from my main rose bush into this garden and it’s having a little trouble.
  • I have 3 ready compost piles that I managed to disburse 2 1/2 of the piles into the new portion of the gardens and into the other gardens.
  • One garden is now gone and the lilies are moved.
  • I was working on the next couple of garden projects and went to the neighbors to see if she might need some plants. She wasn’t home so I quick weeded 2 of her gardens. (She will notice the big pile of weeds that I pulled.)

Added curve to this garden.
Before addition

Prepping for curve

Curve planted and mulched
I still want to continue in front of the pine trees to rototill and plant spare irises back there. This space use to be my vegetable garden.

This garden was shorten. Removed one rhubarb and bulbs. Changed direction of garden to the tree. In the back ground is the garden that was dismantled and seeded. Hard to believe that black ground area had 2 apple trees that died and the stumps decay in 4 years. There was a garden underneath the apple trees.

1 Rhubarb gone, and seeded 5 feet of that garden.

The new shape and direction

Full length and easier to mow.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,658 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Whew! Just reading about it, Bette, is exhausting me!

Hey, gang, Joyce just called me. She is not sick; everybody is okay, but her computer is non-functioning.

She asked me to call her with the phrase when we get it so she can work on it, because she does think the computer will be up and running sometime in the next few days.

One kind of condolence card is missing from the vast array – at least, I haven’t seen a “Sorry your computer is sick” card!

Seems like there might be a market for one?

New game phrase

S5, T3, U3, V2, W3, Y3

I’ll get this off to Joyce in the morning, Bette!

I’m going to try for double letters — aa, dd, ee, and so on. If it doesn’t work out, I’ll punt.

Couple of things. Joyce is having computer problems, and so am I! My grandson will take the computer tomorrow (Monday to the place where he works and we hope it will take a very short time to get it back and running. In the meantime, I have temporarily closed down my booth.

My new modem is causing me a lot of problems, and I am crossing my fingers that all will go smoothly.

In the meantime, i have a long list of words done. I will mail it as a tentative list to Bette later today, just in case I don’t have the ability to add to it before the deadline.

Ill still be able to chat tonight and tomorrow morning.

Posted by selah53, Canada. 460 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Sorry to hear of your computer problems [Joyce and Carolyn]

Bette your accomplishments are amazing!

Sending my list now…. all Ts

selah53's booth

Sent my list this morning. Keeping my fingers crossed that grandson will be able to get the computer running smoothly. In the meantime, shut down my booth; but hope to be open again in mid-week.

This week’s game phrase is:

S5, T3, U3, V2, W3, Y3

• Sort of odd few days. I walked over at the neighbors farm to look at the gardens. I had talked with her if she was interested in any plants when I do some more garden changes. She wasn’t there but her husband was and just told me to walk around and I did. Of course, I did weed around part of the garage and another garden and left 2 large piles of weeds. I stopped by the next day when I saw her car and knew she was home. She said that she saw the first pile of weeds when walking towards the door, but was too tired to walk all the way over there. Then her husband saw the big pile of weeds behind the garage and told her to take a look. I know this is a bad time of the year, for her/them. They were 4H Leaders and are still with the fair events. Our county fair will be at the end of this month and they are working like crazy. But also, they still have kids that keep their cattle and the pigs at the farm work be worked with and such.
  • She couldn’t believe that it didn’t take me that long to weed what I did. And asked some questions about the gardens. Some of the plants have become “weeds” with over seeding. So I told her if she didn’t mind that I will come back and finish weeding and clean up the gardens. I have some plants that I think I will bring along and some seeds. Her hollyhocks had died and I bring some of my seeds from my over to get them going.
  • We did have some rain over the weekend which will make it nice to weed at the neighbors.
  • I had vinegar sprayed between two gardens to join them as one garden. A lot of it has died and I opened some spots to move plants from the ends of the gardens that will become grass again.
  • I am still trying to figure where to move the wood stove again for it’s permanent home.

I had a really great sale Saturday at 2am in the morning. That package went into Saturday’s mail. Sold an expensive sweater. Now I am hoping for the other sweater to sell.

And I have been on the phone for lots of hours. Mainly, talking with a nephew that I haven’t talked to for a few years that I cut ties with.

New game phrase

S5, T3, U3, V2, W3, Y3

• I spent 6 hours at the neighbors working on the gardens. There was running roots from tall grass and trying to clean them out of the coral bells and the rest of the garden was time consuming.
  • I brought purple palace coral bells, shasta daisies, grape hyacinth bulbs, creeping phlox, lamium and hens/chicks to add to her gardens.
  • I still have a garage garden to finish weeding and adding plants to. Hopefully, I have time Tuesday to get that garden done.

It’s funny that when I got home from the neighbors, Blue came back home from hunting and just wanted to be hugged and he was talking to me. This is not a norm for him, but I like it.

And that big sale I had on Saturday and was able to ship it Saturday from Wisconin, the buyer got it today in Washington. WOW. Post Office did good and I got a great review. YEAH!

My grandson was overwhelmed at work, so we rescheduled for tomorrow – and, frankly, that’s good.

Gave me more time to scan bead pictures, write descriptions and be ahead of the game.

I planned to do 50 bead listings – simply have to get rid of stuff – and have 48 done, so the last 2 will be a piece of cake.

WFC is in; high school 12 page newsletter is off to the publishers.

I feel free. Free at last! Great God, free at last!

Maybe tomorrow, I’ll be able to start working on my tote bags – since we are no longer allowed to used plastic bags, a nickle a paper bag fee has been imposed, might as well use some of the heavier fabric from that sale I went to.

Unfortunately, I will soon have run out of excused for why I haven’t been really up on the housekeeping…… Oh, well!

New game phrase

S5, T3, U3, V2, W3, Y3

Word lists are due TONIGHT

I finished the neighbors gardens. They look great. Now we need some rain.

My grandson did an incredibly fine job with my computer! Of course, it’s what he’s doing for a living, so he really understands it all.

The boss permits him to use the business equipment on a limited basis – family only (except for my daughter and me, there isn’t actually any other family.)

No parts were needed, I did give him a little financial top and the most incredible heirloom tomatoes locally grown that I have never tasted in my life. Very heavy, dead-ripe, wonderful.

Eileen has a sort of "take it or leave it attitude towards tomatoes – but these changed her mind totally.

We don’t buy more than we plan to use in a day, because tomatoes are always a lot better if they’ve never been refrigerated.

But those tomatoes – we end up going back to the farm every third day for more. They’re not cheap, of course, but the season is so short.

The farmer tells me that everybody is saying they have never had a tomato so good. They’ve also been going very well her in the Hudson Valley.

I think I’ll probably make some spaghetti sauce with some.

I vividly remember the year I thought I’d make the sauce with yellow tomatoes because they are lower acid. Sounded like a good idea, right? Wrong. The color was really off-putting. To tell you the truth, it was disgusting. So bad, I threw it out. Not even Michael – he of the “Mikey will eat anything” commercial – couldn’t bring himself to try it.

Definitely not an experiment I’ll try again.

Game Stats

3 Total players
1458 Total words from all the players
486 Average word lists

Challenges
Carolyn’s word list are double letter words
Selah’s word list started with the letter “T”

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Great to see Carolyn’s computer problems didn’t last too long.

You and me both, Bette. I was at the stage where I began to be afraid I might have to do housework!!!!

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,483 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Sorry for the long absence! Need to catch up reading posts. Got my second chance at the pack test today and knocked it out of the park at 44 minutes! One minute to spare. Was one minute too slow though for the strength test at the station :( but get another chance in two weeks and can go back and practice. Currently resting with an ice pack on my back.

I remember back when I was a reporter covering City Hall, Charlotte. One of the alderman, at a meeting, commented that some of the firefighters were overweight, and some seemed pretty skinny.

The chief explained it this way: “We use the big ones where you need heavy weights, and we use the skinny ones when they have to get in to tight spaces.”

Honest, that’s what he said, and he wasn’t trying to be funny. It was just, to his mind, the way it got done!

Your department doesn’t cut any of you any slack by assigning special responsibilities, does it!

Best of luck to you for the next round.

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,691 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Well, Carolyn got it off to me but my computer was not cooperating for the deadline. I’m up and running now and HOPEFULLY will be a participant next game.

Crazy, crazy here.
Weather has finally cooled some and rain is predicted for tomorrow. I’ll believe when I see it.

Our sprinkling system is installed and seems to be bringing back the grass that need more water than we were giving it.

I’ll read back and see what I’ve missed.

Have a great weekend.

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,691 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Where have you all been this weekend?
I know I have been doing don’t really know what
So Happy Sunday.
See you later.