Just letting you know...

This topic is about the game "Word Find Challenge." To read full rules for the game, click here.

Word Find Challenge ◄ July 22 2019 ► ► ►

Subscribe to Word Find Challenge ◄ July 22 2019 ► ► ► 69 posts 8 voices

Page
< 1 2 3 >

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,659 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

She closed her booth down because she sold just about everything at her yard sale – great way to go – no packaging, no weighing, no trotting off to the post office.

Hope she’ll be popping in soon to say hi!

Some of My Favorite Things

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,483 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

Thanks for the update!

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,691 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

Looks like I caused you gals some concern.
Sorry. I am fine but besides going to the funeral last week I came home to more to do than usual. I will just say this move is/has taken more than I’d expected. Most recently I’ve found a handyman to come hang wall decor. Not yet sure when he’ll be here but says one afternoon soon
We are also on a schedule to get underground sprinkler put in. None of this just happens, know what I mean? Bob has been crazy trying to keep the sodded yard alive. Put in last August it wasn’t real established so takes effort.

I am looking forward to Saturday.
14 women and I will be spending the day in an Amish area. Just coincidentally Saturday is my birthday. Should make it a fun day.
Sunday is our anniversary and we are planning a special dinner out. All is well. So sorry I gave you reason to worry.

BTW , there is a typo in the phone # as Carolyn posted.
If you want my phone # message me and I’ll send it to you.

No makes this week’s phrase a challenge.
Thanks, Bette.

Gee, Bette, I knocked myself out listing on the bay and now I have another 500 listings to make in a day or two. Somehow, I seriously doubt that I’m even going to try for them…….

Even though the Bookworms outdoor in the park reading program was cancelled for the day due to rain, no way I could generate more than a pitiful few……..

Maybe, though, since they seem to be do a long of those real quickie big listing offers, I may begin to stockpile a bunch of listings to hold in reserve – but even that is not likely.

Those offers are really designed for the people who have zillions of identical items all ready to just pop in to listings with one flick of a finger, and that’s not my style.

Scratch that!

(Besides that, given my propensity for “losing” stuff, I’d probably forget where I put the items anyway.)

Just as soon as I can figure out exactly how to do it, I have 50 items ready for Bonanza that I want to list – they will be FREE with the purchase of another item. Buyer’s choice, but I just haven’t figured out the mechanics yet. They’ll all be nice, but very lightweight. Since I already offer free shipping, I don’t want to include items that will cost me an arm and a leg to mail! They are all pretty flat and lightweight. Their pictures are already taken, and the descriptions will be VERY brief.

But it’s the mechanics that bog me down. Oh well, I’ll figure it out sooner or later.

Joyce, send me the correct number, too, sorry I screwed it up!

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,344 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

VERY Thankful Joyce is pretty much AOK! Whew! I can relate to moving into a new home, there’s always much more to do than I originally anticipated when we 1st moved here, after being 13 years in our last home…but when we moved into it, we did a lot of home improvements way back then, and did those DIY (by ourselves, laying new floors, putting in extra kitchen cupboards, painting, and a total remodeling of the basement, and hubby put in another bath down there, and as usual, I did help him, sort of being his ’’gopher’’ – go for this or that, go over there and hold up that bathroom faux tile wall, while he marked bottom part where to cut…and I also did the wall border wallpapering in the kitchen, up on a ladder too…by myself while he was at work….when we moved here, I also hung all the wallpaper and wall border in this kitchen, again, I was up on a ladder for doing most of that. . .now I could NEVER even hang a picture on the wall, I’d need hubby or handyman to do so for me. . .Anyway, Joyce, I will keep you in more specific prayers as I do pray for everyone here most days!

Carolyn, we all mess up, I always share the following when someone talks to me about messing up….I say, ‘’Hey, we all do this from time to time, that’s why they put erasers on pencils!" LOL! Carolyn, if you need to announce something about your FREEBIES in your Banner/Booth Header, but you don’t know how to do so, I have an art program and can do so for you, and send it to you thru’ Bonanza mail. . . just let me know, since I don’t know the specifics of ‘’the mechanics’’ – I just know you can make an announcement in your chat box and/or within your Booth Header/Banner.
Wishing you best of luck with figuring it all out, hon!

Bette I just LOVE going back and looking more than 3x so far, at your garden…it brings me such delight…thanks for posting such every year, I just LOVE it, and I remember when I could work in the gardens (both floral and veggie gardens) and how loverly that was for me way back when. . .

This week’s Phrase is:
MY GOAL THIS WEEKEND IS TO MOVE ONLY ENOUGH SO PEOPLE KNOW I’M NOT DEAD
A2, D3, E8, G2, H2, I3, K2, L3, M3, N5, O9, P2, S3, T3, U, V,
W2, Y2

Speaking of ’’I’m not dead". . .this is for real . . . geeeeeees! LOL!

Dee

Divine Fabrics n More

Oh, that Romanian case is too funny!

Posted by mrsdinkerson, Northwest Suburbs, IL. 14,634 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

Just wanted to stop by and let you know I played the game this week. I see you all are keeping busy with life! I always enjoy reading the posts and catching up on what has been going on.
Our daughter is returning tonight from a 10 day missions trip to Africa. I am so excited to see her and hear her stories! Of course, she will need to sleep first, but it will be worth the wait!
Blessings to you all!

Wonderful that you played with us this week!

Even more wonderful to hear about your daughter’s missions trip!

Good news is always a blessing.

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,651 total posts | Posted 2 months ago

This week’s game phrase is:

MY GOAL THIS WEEKEND IS TO MOVE ONLY ENOUGH
SO PEOPLE KNOW I’M NOT DEAD

A2, D3, E8, G2, H2, I3, K2, L3, M3, N5, O9, P2,
S3, T3, U, V, W2, Y2

Cleaning and gardening today.
Tomorrow is my day. Maybe? So wiped out that I could sleep, but I am hoping to get gardening done. I still have 2 smaller gardens to weed and the big one that I haven’t done much to.

Carolyn, I got the free 500 eBay listings, too. A day later of the effective date. I will be able to relist about half of them. I still have my original 50 free listings. I had planned on using them on the shirts that sell.

So, mechanically, Bette, how do you stockpile so many listings ready to go at such short notice?

Dee, I got the copy of Agatha Christie’s biography.

What’s interesting to me is that she really was a strange duck, wasn’t she?

Also fascinating is the amount of manpower that went into searching for her by law enforcement and volunteers when there was absolutely no evidence that anything had actually happened to her when she – just up and left. She wasn’t even that famous; she certainly wasn’t wealthy; there had been no indication of foul play.

If it were fiction, you wouldn’t believe it. As non-fiction, I can scarcely believe it, either.

With fiction, you expect a nice tidy finishing up of the story. Doesn’t seem that’s going to be the case here……

Of course, in broad strokes, we do know the end of the story; she lived a very long life, and wrote a great many mystery novels. We just don’t quite know how it happened ……

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,483 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

Ug, mostly have the state protocols for a cardiac arrest memorized but don’t know if I will be tested on just adults, or adult and pediatric. Plus, I know how to do a four lead but not a 12 lead for EKG, and we didn’t learn how to read heart rhythms in class. :( I am going to take a day off after this is done!

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,659 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

The hospitals around here, Charlotte, have instituted "dummy-proof’ leads for EMG’s – no more struggling to be sure you got the right one on the right spot. Clearly marked. Course, I don’t know what they do if there’s no light source,……. Then, they leave the tabs on your body for the next time, so it goes even faster. I know this because I’ve had this done so often in the past 2 years. What an improvement.

Those people are really highly-paid – and you’re doing it as a volunteer! God bless.

I don’t know much about heart rhythms, except that, in our hospitals and rehab centers, there are monitors that hook several monitors to a single screen which is watched 24/7.

Since I don’t know at all how to read them, whenever I see one that’s just about totally flat, I assume that person is dead – but I’m sure I’m wrong about that. Totally disconcerting.

Sometimes, one of the leads gets accidentally disconnected, and the entire emergency squad comes rushing in assuming it’s a crisis – and, so far, it never has been; just a disconnect due to the patient’s moving about.

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,691 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

Hello, all.
Especially good to see you, Em. Yes, we are still here.

My list has been sent.
I felt challenged even with so many letters simply because R is a favorite letter of mine I guess

I recently watched on Amazon Prime the story of Agatha Christie’s life. I agree, Carolyn, she was a strange duck but had a way of telling her stories that really do appeal to me. I’ve read bundles of them.

Off now to do something that needs being done. So much to do. Question is simple….what do I do first?

……………………………

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,344 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

(((((((Charlotte)))))))))) Worry NEVER solved one single problem, breathe in breathe out, hon. . .there are PLENTY of YouTube Teaching or Tutorial Videos, maybe you can find some to watch and pay close attention to, and learn how even IF you cannot practice…but I would bet it’s better to know some than nothing at all, so I encourage you to go to YouTube and try to find what you feel or think you need either to be tutored about or at least have SOME idea at what is what regarding heart rhythm reading and other things too…here’s one I found quickly, and if one’s there, there will be more than one, hon. . .

the below link INCLUDES 12 lead of EKG type of teachings right online…thru’ YouTube link, below, hon. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMmjwgwHkO0

I am sure Charlotte there are more than one, this one seemed to be highly informative to what you need!

Em, it is ALWAYS so Good to see you, enjoy your daughter’s visit!!! God Bless her for her missionary work! Bless you and yours (((((((Em))))))) too!

Joyce, it took us about 9 months to fully ‘’get settled’’ in this house…I’ll send you angels for strength, courage, energy, and laughter, which laughter helps us get through ALL things as JOY is an energy clarifier, it is cleansing!

Happy Wednesday, Friends!
Dee

Divine Fabrics n More

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,651 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

Game stats:

MY GOAL THIS WEEKEND IS TO MOVE ONLY ENOUGH
SO PEOPLE KNOW I’M NOT DEAD

5 Total Players
2500 Total words from the players
500 Average word lists

5+, 6+, 7+ words lists were sent
Selah’s list were words starting with P’s
Joyce’s list were words ending in -ing

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,659 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

This one goes in my file of: words I really want to be able to use in WFC:

Ultracrepidarian (adjective) noting or pertaining to a person who criticizes, judges, or gives advice outside the area of his or her expertise.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that I have never used the word in my life!!!!

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,483 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

Thanks Dee! That video looks fantastic!

Well, we were required to use a weighted vest, which puts the whole forty five pound on my shoulders spine and chest. I stopped after three quarters mile. Not willing to risk my spine. I can do it with my backpack, which puts all the weight on my hips. oh, well, on to other things….. Now I feel like I have a lot of time.

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,344 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

The weekend is almost here. . .that used to mean a lot to me, but nowadays, one day is pretty much like the next. . .which, this is not me complaining, it’s just a statement of fact. . . hubby still has to annotate his days, because on different days he has different things going on, which I always encourage him to do this as long as he is able. . .speaking of days, I have also noticed how fast the days seem to go, now too. . .(I am smiling here) but a long, long time ago I read somewhere that time does seem to fly to those who are seniors than to those who are 2 generations below them. . .so I went looking and the first page I went to, well, here’s a ‘’scientific quote’’
’’’’’ Time Flies as we Get Older. But Why ?’’’’’
Research shows your brain’s internal clock runs more slowly as you age—which means the pace of life appears to speed up. Other research suggests that the perceived passage of time is related to the amount of new perceptual information you absorb; when you’re young, everything seems new, which means your brain has more to process…which means the perceived passage of time feels longer. There’s biochemical research that shows the release of dopamine when we perceive novel stimuli starts to drop past the age of 20, which makes time appear to go by more quickly………(additionally it stated) If you want to slow down time, this theory holds: If you want to make the days last, do something different.
Makes perfect sense. When we’re young, we have plenty of firsts. First day of school. First day of summer vacation. First date. First kiss. First real relationship. First terrible breakup. First real job. First…you get the point. When we’re young, life is full of firsts. Time seems to pass more slowly because everything about those moment is fresh and new.’’’’’

So Remember, Dearies. . .LOL!

…and for the last image that sort of relates to this week’s phrase with CONGRATS to all the players, and THANKS to Bette for hosting, too. . .the Scottish also has Wisdom for each of us. . .a quote from long long ago. . .

Divine Fabrics n More

Posted by EmpressDepot, Pinnacle, NC. 81 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

Glad to hear your move went good Joyce.

I’ll be moving soon myself since my hubby and I signed a contract on our house….that is as long as the appraisal comes out okay. It’s hard to make 100% for certain plans right now since we still have to get that out of the way. But the home inspection and termite inspection came out fine, so big relief there.

My mom has lived with me for the last 10 years. She fell and broke her hip when we were planning on putting the house up for sale. Mom’s in a rehab and she’s going to be transported professionally from NC to FL while I ride down with her.

Life has definitely thrown me a curveball. I really miss her living at home with me and pray someday God will make her heal enough to come live back with me again.

As for my stuff up for sale, I’ve been listing on eBay at a good discount trying to sell. Thank God for eBay.

I’ll post back later and give an update. As it stands now, our closing date is set for August 16th.

Posted by EmpressDepot, Pinnacle, NC. 81 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

I like your post DivineFabrics.

I’m trying to think of any recent firsts that I have had and I have a few, which means my time is not flying.

If you had asked me this back in April, I would have been able to say time is flying.

BUT, I’m sure when I have to start (knock on wood) going in overdrive to move, time will be flying.

Quoted from PoliceQuilts post:

“Carolyn, I got the free 500 eBay listings, too. A day later of the effective date. I will be able to relist about half of them. I still have my original 50 free listings. I had planned on using them on the shirts that sell.”

How does one find out if they get 500 eBay listings? I always automatically get 50 free listings a month so far.

If you go all the way down to the bottom of your selling page, there’s an area called Promotion. It lists what promotions are available to you – the number awarded, used and remaining – that’s the (so far) regular 50/month.

There’s another one regular about vehicles – I think maybe it’s 5? I don’t know; never use it.

Now, to find out about special promotions, you need to go to the section of My eBay where there are communications from eBay – letters and invitations. There you find special promotions by invitation only – seem, recently, to be 500 free, but sometimes there are other offers, too. You have to sign up – It doesn’t obligate you to anything, but it allows you the opportunity to do so. Sometimes,all listings are eligible; sometimes only buy it now, or maybe one month duration, free shipping – or even, I seem to remember, 2 days only. There was also a recent one where you could list any 5 items (you would want to use this one for your higher priced items) which offered you half off the commission to eBay if an item sold.

At one time, you had to meet specific criteria about how many items you listed, and how frequently; it may also have had to to with buyer satisfaction, timeliness of your shipping and heaven knows what else — that doesn’t seem to be true anymore, because I almost never list anything there, yet always get the offer.

As I mentioned in my comment to Bette, unless you are selling multitudes of a specific item, and already have the listing ready to go – including description, pictures – everything – I can’t imagine finding the time to prepare 500 listings in a month! I really can’t. Sometimes, I have trouble coming up with 50 because they are so time-consuming in terms of researching them, writing them, putting together decent pictures, and so on.

Bette is a special case: she has invented 36 hour days, and only requires 3 or 4 hours of sleep a night! I just don’t know how she does it, along with all the other things she does. I get exhausted just hearing about what all she does!

You may recall the early days of selling on the internet when you weren’t even required to have a picture. You could start your listing as a very low price. There would be bidding wars. If you listed 50 items, you felt like a failure if you only sold 48 of them in a week!

I have no idea if this is still true or not, but way back, that site had an entire area of X-rated fetish-type items for sale – really sick stuff, like dirty underwear and smelly shoes – ugh. You had to register specially to be able to get to that bunch of stuff…..and, sometimes, everybody know your name, and where you lived, too – not really good, and also very unwholesome.

People who liked your merchandise were repeat buyers — and they bought a lot.

If you didn’t list in a given week, they e-mailed you: Are okay? Everything all right? Believe it or not, some of your buyers sent you presents!

We sent some of our buyers presents, too.

We were really a community. That isn’t actually true any more,sadly, on any of the sites, although I have found that Bonanza is much more of a caring community than any of the other sites. Now, if only, sales were better!

Those were the glory days.

Now, I’ve told you far more than you wanted to know.

Carolyn

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,651 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

@empressdepot

• On eBay, check your sellers hub for your free monthly listings and then if there any other promotions that are offered.
  • My 500 free listings were offered after a day that it started.
  • I have another 100 items to relist today, before I lose the rest of the free 500 listings.

Carolyn, I have about 400 items on eBay.

• Last month, I received 200 free listings from eBay but only had about 70 items that could be relisted. I did have a grouping of listings that only had 4 days left on them that I ended those listings and relisted using a portion of the 200 listing.
    I, also ending some of my listings with a few days left to take advantage of the 500 free listings this time.
  • I refused to use their GTC and end my listings a day before they get automatically relisted and I get charged.

Catch me while I faint! LOLOL! I actually sold another item, here in Bonanza! Sold it to the same gal that bought from me a few days ago, but I’m just NOT used to this happening here in Bonz!?! LOLOLOL!!!!

Just when I thought I’d Seen ‘’It All – or Almost All’’ I found this:

I mean you have to ACTUALLY Shake Your Head, I Shook Mine ’’No’’ and then “Yes! I Saw It!” Also, NOT a mutant dog regard pair of dogs, below. . .

Last one, I promise…….::::::::Giggling, here. . ..

If you stare mostly at the white dots you can REVERSE the direction of the “perceived cylander going around” (it’s NOT actually a cylander, it’s a series of moving dots, some white, some black, and I don’t know if you see it at times, but I see a RED dot in the middle at times)

I am keeping busy by crocheting some things. . .Leo also fills up portions of my days, as does hubby who is more so an angel to me than ever, ever, ever before. . .
he does almost all the dinners now. . .(which includes doing a car run for take outs, LOL!) I no longer drive, and I no longer go anywhere at at all. I have to call and make another ‘’in home’’ doctor appt., but I wish I could just live out the rest of my life ‘’as is’’ and NOT have to see anymore medical people…I finally found some fabric for a valance for the living room, so I will be putting down my crocheting and hopefully I can get an easy valance made without having to stand all that much. . . One thing I do – Daily – is Laugh!!! It helps me get through it all . . . I downloaded some FREE e-books, NEVER thought I’d read from a computerized tablet. . .

Take Care, Dearies! Happy Friday Evening to You All!
Dee

Divine Fabrics n More

Bette, are you still doing your black and white quilting projects?I’m gradually working my way down to the bottom of the enormous tub of fabric remnants I bought when Tonner Dolls closed down that particularity segment of their doll making last year.

Got a good many very irregular scraps of black and white satin fabrics.

Want them? (Gift, not purchase.)

I’m packing up a batch of more regularly-shaped pieces of larger, more colorful silks, satins and brocades, for the annual Quilter’s Retreat in early August.

Maybe I’ll be able to get rid of one big tote of fabric.

Charlotte, let me know what play or dance you’ll be working on next – I have some knot fabrics that are interesting – some are stretchy light weight, and there’s at least one large jacket-weight brown tweedy piece – maybe a small animal or two?

Dee, I don’t have anything in cottons – actually, sending fabric to you would be like sending coals to Newcastle! What I’m thinking of is bits and pieces of trim, ribbons, buttons, lace – stuff like that, where you you can use small quantities for one of your packets.

Okay.

I found the 500 free listings and when I clicked on it, it said start date July 26th (which is today) with a time of about 6:46 and end date July 26th with a time of about 11:59….so it seems I caught the final hours of listing? lol.

Carolyn, it was really interesting getting the history on how it was to sell on eBay in the early years. Nope, I was not there selling at the time. I had a variety shop (brick and mortar) and selling the old fashion way while I had some people telling me I should sell on eBay. I had no computer at the time but did layaway on a computer with someone who worked on them. When I got it home, I plugged the jack into my computer and expected it to work and of course it did not…I had no internet service lol (had no idea I had to have it) and then I gave up on it before I even started. If I knew then what I know now….I bet it would have helped my business to flourish offline. Yes, I am smart…so it is ridiculous that I plugged the jack into the computer thinking it should work. I was very stuck on the old fashion way though.

About fetishes, I think it is gross when a seller nastily sells pantyhose on eBay. So disgusting. And like you said, the buyer is going to have their address.

Page
< 1 2 3 >