Just letting you know...

This topic is about the game "Word Find Challenge." To read full rules for the game, click here.

Word Find Challenge ◄ July 22 2019 ► ► ►

Subscribe to Word Find Challenge ◄ July 22 2019 ► ► ► 69 posts 8 voices

Page
1 2 3 >
Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,611 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

This week’s hostess is Bette Policequilts

If you are new to this game, please read the rules below and look
forward to a challenge that provides both FUN and PRIZES!

No purchase required to play.
If you would like to donate a prize, we really appreciate it!
It makes the game even more fun!
Word Find Challenge

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
Game Objective:
Find as many words as you can using only the letters in the given word
or phrase.
Game

1) All found words must be 3 letters or longer.
2) Proper nouns are not allowed. This includes personal names, brand
names, cities, states, etc. The word is allowed if it also has a
dictionary meaning. Example: “pat” and “robin” are acceptable.
3) Words made by simply adding an “s” at the end are not allowed. Words
ending in “s” that have their own dictionary entries are acceptable.
Example: “pets” and “drives” are not allowed, but “alms” and “measles”
are fine.
4) No contractions. Examples: can’t, don’t, won’t are not allowed.
5) No acronyms. Examples: IBM, UCLA, OMG are not allowed.
6) All acceptable words must be found in a current English dictionary.
7) All entries must contain at least 75 words.
This game will be moderated jointly by joyce72747, Policequilts,
We will alternate hosting each week, allowing all of us to get in on the
challenge, fun and prizes.
The new word or phrase for the week will be posted on or before Monday
at noon EST/9:00am PST.
WFC will appear in the Games Forum as Word Find Challenge – Week of (Date).
You will have from the day the phrase is posted through Wednesday to
work on your list.
To make it easier to check, we ask that you please put only one word on
each line.
Your list should be bmailed to the host no later than Wednesday at 8pm
EST / 5pm PST .
On Thursday at 8 pm EST , one random winner will be selected from all
eligible entries.
The length of the longest list and the average of all participants will
be posted along with any other stats the host opts to share.
To enter the WFC game just post a note on the game thread saying you’ll
take the challenge and thus be placed on the Player List for the week.
Prize

Each week the randomly selected winner will have the choice of one prize
from all prizes offered and must post that choice to the thread.
All players will have a chance to win.
Once you have won a prize, you will not be eligible to win another prize
for a month.

Feel free to ask questions here or b-mail Joyce, Bette, Emily, Nancy or
Joyce – Joyce72747
Bette – Policequilts
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
h1. WFC

(alphabetical order)
Abrafox

AutumnLeaves
Catnutti
ccmom
ChelleysCottage

CindyBear
cshort0319

divinefabricsnmore

FrankandGladys
Joyce72747

masonictreasures
mrsdinkerson

NancysNostalgicDolls

oldbaloo
Policequilts

sidewingcreations
tammiestreasures
tearyblues888
wonderwoman

Winners

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,611 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Prizes

Note: Free Shipping of prizes applies to US only, unless otherwise specified.

Thank you so much to all our Prize Donors

cshort0319 Donated these prizes

. . . .
Choice of stick pin, … Christmas Charm,…. Snowman 3D sticker

. . . .
Silver Gold Trim,…. Measuring Spoons,…. Robby Robot Pencil sharpener toy

. .
25 Glass Marbles,….. 362 Red Glass beads

divinefabricsnmore Donated these prizes

A Double Sided Scrubby

Policequilts Donated these prizes

Space Cat coin purse (2), … cat coin purse

Ribbon Bows, … Wooden Cat buttons

MY GOAL THIS WEEKEND IS TO MOVE ONLY ENOUGH
SO PEOPLE KNOW I’M NOT DEAD

A2, D3, E8, G2, H2, I3, K2, L3, M3, N5, O9, P2,
S3, T3, U, V, W2, Y2

PLAYERS
Bette Received
Carolyn Received
Joyce
Selah Received
Emily Received

New game phrase is

S3, T3, U, V, W2, Y2

Some really hot days. Today was suppose to be a heat advisory, but it started to rain during the night and part of the morning and cool down a bit. Now the heat and humidity will be very high for the next few days. In the 90-100’s degrees. Ughhhh

I did clean and did gardening yesterday. Done until next week when it will be cooler.

Like Carolyn, I also had taken pictures and during this hot spell, I will finally work on listings.

I was trying to do some pinning on Foxfire and I am having problems pinning Etsy items. I get the item but refuses to give me my boards to pin to. The other sites work but Etsy Ugggh.

The revamp garden is starting to fill in. That purple flower is a Cathedral Bell.

The garden model is FLETCHER

Variety of lilies, and daisies, yucca and sage

Road lilies and day lilies in bloom.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,582 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

I’m off to a great start. First 50 words done; unfortunately all but 4 of them have R in them! Scratch that!

Some of My Favorite Things

LOL Carolyn,
I did the same thing but I had almost 25 words with the letter R.

The bad heat is starting.
Need to get things done inside.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,582 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

I know E is the most commonly-used letter in the alphabet, but it’s darned hard to come up with a big list of words that don’t have the letter R.

R’s keep sneaking in all over the place.

So far, in the last 3 days, I have listed 89 new items over 3 sites – all very labor intensive.

It’s terribly hot here, and I had no reason to venture out, so. this is what I’m doing. Not done though. Just taking a break.

Hoping against hope we don’t have a power outage……

This week’s game phrase is:

S3, T3, U, V, W2, Y2

Two sub-stations started on fire at the state capital (Madison) which is about 2 hours away. A lot of people had lost power, especially in this heat.

I am listing items from eBay over to eCrater that haven’t been listed. There’s quite a few listings to do and then I need to start ending a group of listings on eBay before they automatically relist them and charge me.

The cats wanted to go out so bad and yet, they lay in front of the fans.

Remember that toile I sent you, Bette? I have more in blue, and I’m thinking about a project. We have now in NYS put in effect a no more plastic shopping bags law.

We can either pay a nickle for a brown paper bag, or bring our own bags.

So, I think I’ll make myself and my daughter 3 or 4 of those bags – I think that fabric is sturdy enough.

She just got home from work; it is 98 degrees out, and tomorrow will be worse.

Carolyn, That toile fabric would work for the bags.
I have some bags from larger jeans/ twill pants.
PS Thank you for the fabric!

Hotter than ever.
I went outside around 7:30pm and it was still hot but I wanted to do a little spraying of some of the weeds that have gotten overgrown.
I couldn’t believe the neighbor actually did some mowing.

I manage to end about 50 listings on eBay before being charged. I will have to end another 80 listings on eBay in 2 days.
Slow in uploading pictures on eCrater to get the other listings over there.

Tomorrow, it should be cooler and I need to make a couple of stops in town to pick up items. We will see if I can finally do some weeding here or if I have to wait for a day.

Well, back to work.

Oh, that new printer I got this past month. When I got it home and hooked it up, I was able to get a label printed for a sale. Today, I wanted to print reports and some emails and it’s just sitting in the printer que and won’t go to the printer. I played with it for a bit, but still couldn’t figure out what the heck is going on. I need to get that thing working before I do get a sale.

It’s all so glitzy, Bette. My new modem is really irritating me. It takes forever to come on and be in business.

Fortunately, my long-suffering grandson will be over tomorrow to straighten me out.

I turn it on, and can go in the kitchen and make a cup of tea before anything actually happens. Now that’s not acceptable.

Since you got it working successfully once, let’s hope it will be able to work again.

AT one point, I had a somewhat similar problem. kind of weird. Nothing would print. And then, Michael said, you’ve got it set to store the information, NOT to print it!!

I don’t know what I must have done to cause that to happen, but now I do know to check that it says, “print” not file.

There was a little downward arrow up at the top right hand side of the screen, and when I hit it, it gave me the option, print or file. Gee, I had never seen that before.

I’ll hope your problem is as easy to fix. None of us need that kind of delay in our lives.

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,611 total posts | Posted 30 days ago

S3, T3, U, V, W2, Y2

It’s to be another hot day, but there is wind.
Like yesterday, it will be in the 90’s and heat index in the 100’s.

Happen to have a sale and was able to print the packing slip and label. I have been trying to figure out what the heck is with this printer. I did change one thing from a Brother 2685dw printer to just a Brother 2585dw. Then there was some printing going on. I got to get some time to see what the heck this printer, scanner and fax machine can do and the settings. I just want to plug in the equipment and go.

When I was going through some of my files, I came across some videos of the cats that I made.

• I had a gold semi long hair cat named Oliver that just walked off. I only have him for about a year. During that year was when Fletcher was found. In that video was Oliver on the bed, lean/sit on one side while itty bitty Fletcher was playing with his tail. Then Fletcher fell off the bed and Oliver just had a funny look like “where did he go and YEAH!”.
  • I also have where Oliver was in the garden and you could see plant movement. Get closer and Oliver was rubbing against a catnip plant.
  • Two of the farms had lost their gold cats a year prior and both had returned to the farm, but it wasn’t Oliver. Wonder about him at times.

Carolyn, you have nothing listed on Etsy.
something happen?
I was doing some pinning.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,582 total posts | Posted 30 days ago

I don’t know – I have hundreds of items listed there. Let me check.

Baack again – I see 470 items!

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,324 total posts | Posted 30 days ago

If you email me your etsy name I’ll check on it, too…but what I really want to say to you ((((((((Carolyn)))))))))) is you’re a sweetie to have sent me that Wonderful Surprise Care package, Fun package you sent my way, that I rec’d yesterday, to my Delight & as I mentioned to my Surprise! Wonderful Fabrics and Little Goodies, too, and thus I cannot thank you enough!!!
Be Blessed, Carolyn!

Bette, it’s been VERY hot here in OH too…yesterday it almost went up to 100 Degrees! Yikes, I was not out in it, at all. Good luck with figuring out that printer, hon! I honestly like the VERY 1st printer we had, compared to the last 2…also ink is so expensive I no longer make cards as I used to do a lot. Right now I’m ’’into’’ doing some crocheted items. Since I cannot walk without a lot of pain, I am doing more sitting than ever before, but I keep my hands at work…thanking God for what I can still do!

These week’s Phrase is:
MY GOAL THIS WEEKEND IS TO MOVE ONLY ENOUGH SO PEOPLE KNOW I’M NOT DEAD
A2, D3, E8, G2, H2, I3, K2, L3, M3, N5, O9, P2, S3, T3, U, V, W2, Y2

Some funnies on one of our favorite type of family furries. . .and
how they might act or think, LOL!

. . .and then there’s scaredy cats who gets frightened by dead banana peel!, LOL!!!

Divine Fabrics n More

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,611 total posts | Posted 30 days ago

S3, T3, U, V, W2, Y2

Dee, just search on Etsy for CSHORT0319

Carolyn, all your listings are there. But last night, it stated no listings at this time. Your header and everything was there. I checked down detector and they don’t show any reports like this on there.

I love packages of nifty neat things, but packages with air holes are another thing. ;-)

I thought I was going to get things done and I just cancelled another grouping of eBay listings. Then I ended up taking a long nap. I really needed it but I could use more sleep before it becomes cool enough and I have to get outside work done.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,582 total posts | Posted 29 days ago

Huh! Glad they are back from where ever they went.

Posted by selah53, Canada. 457 total posts | Posted 29 days ago

Sending my list now – all P’s
Last night I was almost done my pre list – somewhere in the neighborhood of a thousand words [I hadn’t deleted the non-applicable letters yet] and my computer crashed and lost ALL OF IT – aaaargh! I was tempted to quit but after a nights sleep I summoned enough oomph to start all over again. But at least I was able to bring the laptop back from the edge of ‘black screen of death’ [I hate lap tops – this is my 5th one in the same time span as my desk top which I’ve never had a problem with] I’ve bought cheap ones, and expensive ones and I’m lucky if I can get 2 years out of it before it dies. grumble grumble grumble lol

selah53's booth

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,611 total posts | Posted 29 days ago

S3, T3, U, V, W2, Y2

Selah, I am dreading when my desktop will go. Need to back up my files a bit more often that I do.

Dee, I saw you were in my SellersMall pinterest account. (I had the fabric folded neatly in the craft section. ;-D

We got some more rain and it seems to cool down some this afternoon.

Posted by selah53, Canada. 457 total posts | Posted 29 days ago

Me too Bette. I have an external hard drive that backs up all my data every night at 3 am via Karen’s Replicator app…. but it’s still a pita setting up a new computer – trying to remember what programs to download and what settings I prefer yadda yadda.

selah53's booth

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,469 total posts | Posted 29 days ago

Thank you for the surprise package, Carolyn! Such beautiful fabrics! I can feel myself cycling toward taking a few days off and just puttering and sewing some doll clothes.
So sorry about your computer crashing Selah! So frustrating!
Sounds like everyone has been working really hard lately! Gorgeous garden, Bette! And Fletcher is as cute as ever!
Diana has been sick all summer with nausea and vomiting in the mornings. She had a scope a few days ago and now is on some medication to try to help but it will probably take a couple weeks to see any results.
I finally took the plunge and applied for part time at our neighboring city’s fire dept. I survived the first round (proper certifications) and have been invited to the physical fitness testing phase upcoming on Thursday. My biggest concern is the pack test which is walking three miles in 45 minutes carrying a 45 pound pack. I’ve been practicing and trying to find some songs with the right tempo. If I survive that there is an agility test, then a test on mega codes (a major heart attack with knowledge of all the medications needed for that) If I get to that point then there will be an interview. And at the same time as all of that our volunteer fire dept. is in the process of getting our own license so we had patient care skill testing with our medical director, cleaning, organizing,and making sure all the trucks are properly stocked and all the equipment has been properly maintained and documented. There have been a lot of extra hours involved with that.

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,324 total posts | Posted 29 days ago

Bette…LOLOL! Regarding SellersMall, I had NO idea that was you, hon! I tell ya’ age has my brain going to Senior Cit. moments of blurs or freezes more-frequently now. . .

Carolyn, I did a search in etsy too, and could not find you by simply putting in your etsy ID…then I did a search from a few peeps I bought from and one did not come up at all, but one did…so maybe the etsy glitches have to do with them changing some things that might have interfered with their search engine(s)??

Good Blessings Luck to you Selah…I hated having to do an all new computer thingie – - – and 3x I did so, then bought me a small out of the box not part of the computer EXTERNAL hard drive, and put stuff in that to save in case of another crash….problem being I have accumulated almost TOO much in this external hard drive, it’s small and compact around 3 by 4 inches, but holds a TON of stuff in “TB” (terra bites)

Will say some prayers for Diana, and for you too Charlotte that you are successful in the up and coming and get an interview that also goes very very well!

These week’s Phrase is:

Divine Fabrics n More

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,582 total posts | Posted 29 days ago

Joyce must be very busy – we almost never see her any more. (I hope she’s busy with good things, rather than any misfortunes ….. we’ve had more than enough of them!)

We miss you, old buddy!

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,611 total posts | Posted 28 days ago

S3, T3, U, V, W2, Y2

Charlotte, look at some cadences for a rhythm song.
My ex-boyfriend had a one of Led Zepplin’s I don’t know, but I’ve been told. . . .
45 pounds, think, I could of been carrying Diana, I could of been carrying Diana . . Then the 45# pack sack will be lighter. ;-D

Much cooler. 6 gardens weeded and lawn mowed yesterday. I got 2 gardens weeded this morning and off to weed someone else’s garden. This afternoon, hopefully I will be mowing the neighbors yard.

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,324 total posts | Posted 28 days ago

Carolyn. . .I was totally unaware, Joyce’s booth is inactive, until yesterday, when I wanted to see if she still had a lion for sale, I was going to B-mail her and suggest she ADD in description, ‘’nice item for anyone who loves Disney’s ‘’The Lion King"…then I saw, she’s not selling in Bonanza at this time…I notice too, she’s not here as much, and like you I am hoping she and her hubby are just busy, but AOK!

I actually SOLD 2 items today, the problem is, hubby and I are having a hard time finding the specific 2 bins as to where these 2 fabric prints are located, because BEFORE company came, I had hubby move some bins around and he cannot remember, where he put ALL the bins I had him move, so I’m going off of this and hoping I can go up and down the stairs to try to find those 2 bins, I have NOT been downstairs in 3 months since my legs got as bad as they now are, I pray I can do this, as going downstairs I can do, but coming up the steps is extremely hard for me, and there’s at least 12 steps maybe 15????

EDITED _ FOUND THEM! I remembered I put masking tape on the bins that have fabrics listed and on the tape I wrote something like “These fabrics are listed – Keep bin in SPARE bedroom for EZ Access”

Have a wonderful day everyone!

This week’s Phrase is:

P.S.S. EDITED, here too…
Read Carolyn’s posts below this post….Yikes! I will pray EVERYONE is AOK! Whomever hears from ’’Our Queen" 1st please let us know! Thanks Dearies!

Edited 3x‘k I’m off again. . .Blessings BE to All!

Divine Fabrics n More

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,582 total posts | Posted 28 days ago

I’m going to call her right now, Dee – it is worrisome. Back to all of you when I know anything.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,582 total posts | Posted 28 days ago

This is a bit scary, everybody. I called Joyce, and there is a very static-y message – a recording – that says, “This number is not in service.”

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,469 total posts | Posted 27 days ago

Joyce sent an updated email address a while ago. I will look it up. I think she put her booth on vacation when she moved.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,582 total posts | Posted 27 days ago

I’d spoken to her a couple of times after she moved, by telephone. Trued the new e-mail address you gave me, although I had also used in the past. So far, it hasn’t bounced back, but other than that, I don’t know.

I also dug out her sister’s e-mail address, because Joyce had given it to me once, and sent her a note. So far, nothing there, either.

I’m at a loss.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,582 total posts | Posted 27 days ago

Update update update.

Joyce just responded.Quick answer, She’s been very overwhelmed by the move,

New phone number: 765-307-0566

I’ll try her now.

Page
1 2 3 >