Just letting you know...

This topic is about the game "Word Find Challenge." To read full rules for the game, click here.

Word Find Challenge ◄ June 17 2019 ► ► ►

Subscribe to Word Find Challenge ◄ June 17 2019 ► ► ► 39 posts 7 voices

Page
1 2 >
Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,576 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

This week’s hostess is Bette Policequilts

If you are new to this game, please read the rules below and look
forward to a challenge that provides both FUN and PRIZES!

No purchase required to play.
If you would like to donate a prize, we really appreciate it!
It makes the game even more fun!
Word Find Challenge

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
Game Objective:
Find as many words as you can using only the letters in the given word
or phrase.
Game

1) All found words must be 3 letters or longer.
2) Proper nouns are not allowed. This includes personal names, brand
names, cities, states, etc. The word is allowed if it also has a
dictionary meaning. Example: “pat” and “robin” are acceptable.
3) Words made by simply adding an “s” at the end are not allowed. Words
ending in “s” that have their own dictionary entries are acceptable.
Example: “pets” and “drives” are not allowed, but “alms” and “measles”
are fine.
4) No contractions. Examples: can’t, don’t, won’t are not allowed.
5) No acronyms. Examples: IBM, UCLA, OMG are not allowed.
6) All acceptable words must be found in a current English dictionary.
7) All entries must contain at least 75 words.
This game will be moderated jointly by joyce72747, Policequilts,
We will alternate hosting each week, allowing all of us to get in on the
challenge, fun and prizes.
The new word or phrase for the week will be posted on or before Monday
at noon EST/9:00am PST.
WFC will appear in the Games Forum as Word Find Challenge – Week of (Date).
You will have from the day the phrase is posted through Wednesday to
work on your list.
To make it easier to check, we ask that you please put only one word on
each line.
Your list should be bmailed to the host no later than Wednesday at 8pm
EST / 5pm PST .
On Thursday at 8 pm EST , one random winner will be selected from all
eligible entries.
The length of the longest list and the average of all participants will
be posted along with any other stats the host opts to share.
To enter the WFC game just post a note on the game thread saying you’ll
take the challenge and thus be placed on the Player List for the week.
Prize

Each week the randomly selected winner will have the choice of one prize
from all prizes offered and must post that choice to the thread.
All players will have a chance to win.
Once you have won a prize, you will not be eligible to win another prize
for a month.

Feel free to ask questions here or b-mail Joyce, Bette, Emily, Nancy or
Joyce – Joyce72747
Bette – Policequilts
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
h1. WFC

(alphabetical order)
Abrafox

AutumnLeaves
Catnutti
ccmom
ChelleysCottage

CindyBear
cshort0319

divinefabricsnmore

FrankandGladys
Joyce72747

masonictreasures
mrsdinkerson

NancysNostalgicDolls

oldbaloo
Policequilts

sidewingcreations
tammiestreasures
tearyblues888
wonderwoman

Winners

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,576 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Prizes

Note: Free Shipping of prizes applies to US only, unless otherwise specified.

Thank you so much to all our Prize Donors

cshort0319 Donated these prizes

. . . .
Choice of stick pin, … Christmas Charm,…. Snowman 3D sticker

. . . .
Silver Gold Trim,…. Measuring Spoons,…. Robby Robot Pencil sharpener toy

. .
25 Glass Marbles,….. 362 Red Glass beads

Policequilts Donated these prizes

Space Cat coin purse (2), … cat coin purse

Ribbon Bows, … Wooden Cat buttons

AGE IS A RELATIVE TERM. ALL MY RELATIVES KEEP
REMINDING ME HOW OLD I AM

A6, D2, E10, G2, H, I6, K, L5, M5, N2, O2, P, R4,
S2, T3, V2, W, Y

Players
Bette Received
Carolyn Received
Joyce Received
Selah Received

Carolyn, If you put cotton in your ears before washing your hair, your shouldn’t have water in your ears.

ENT doctor. First thing I thought was that Carolyn had an Entertaining doctor.

Boy, the boys were catching chipmunks and mice. I just found out that chipmunks are some of the biggest carriers of ticks.

I still have to have the truck fixed. He’s waiting for his helper to set up a time to replace a pulley with a bearing in it.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,526 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

I won’t say using the cotton “wouldn’t hurt” – but I’m working up the courage to give it a try.

So far, I’m having fun with this new selection of letters.

It’s awfully cold and gloomy out; my daughter keeps calling and asking me if I want to go somewhere, and I keep saying no. Not really.

She lost a button off her black cable-knit Irish sweater so, I picked up new buttons. Naturally, there were none with the same design.

Did you ever notice – buttons now all come 2 to a card (this is the expensive ones, I’m talking about), but every garment seems to take 3 buttons. So now, she has a spare. (I used to wonder why so many pieces of clothing had a spare button sewn into the lining, or attached to the label – now I know why.) Either this did not originally have a spare button, or it got lost!

Some of My Favorite Things

This week’s game phrase is:

S2, T3, V2, W, Y

I was able to get some weeding done yesterday.
I had Dottie out with the Fletcher and Blue. They did get chippy’s and mice. Dottie was getting her game since last year when she was feral.

Hopefully tomorrow, my truck will be repaired. (at least that is what is planned)

I did get my burn pile burned yesterday along with trimming a few bushes. Of course, a cold front comes in and the wind started. I was lucky that I most of pile burned down and just finished around 8pm. Now I have all the brush and leaves on the backside of the yard and hoping for the one tree to fall from some heavy winds. Then I wanted to burn it in place. (It’s not happening quick enough LOL )

Today, rain. I guess it will be on and off so I figured that I found some baby Canterbury bells plants and get them transplanted in better places for next year’s blooms.

My word lists is ending in suffixes. Some how, part of my words had “C’s and U’s”. Where did those letters come from?

Carolyn, love the beads and interesting packing “material”. LOL
I think I will be using them in some small crazy quilt pieces.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,526 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

I thought you might get a kick out of some unorthodox packing material! Pretty, colorful and light weight, too.

It’s kind of fun, when you don’t have anything better to do, to try to figure out what a doll company would do with those pieces!

There’s one piece of deep rich red crushed velvet in the gigantic tote I bought, that I recall exactly how it was used.

In addition to his regular line, Tonner used to create very limited editions of clothing for some doll stores.

One such, was an annual gorgeous angel doll, which I bought maybe 25 years ago, and still love very much. She was dressed in that velvet! That’s kind of exciting in a very minor way……..

It’s a dark and gloomy day; kind of cold, too.

Nearly all the men in my life – father, grandfather, uncles, husband and son – are no longer living (with the exception of my “kid” brother) so it’s not a day to celebrate – although it is a day filled with loving memories.

Funny, Bette, how many of my words had those pesky "C"s in them. Still, it’s looking like a good strong 7 letter word list – I didn’t even ask if I could buy a C — remember back when we were all kind of obsessive, we would ask for a letter that hadn’t been included – or maybe more than 1 of a letter we needed (seems like a lot of my first picks had 2 ’P’s" in them.)

You used to be the Queen of Optional Letters! That was entirely too much work for any hostess, though, and very confusing.

On to sew the new pewter buttons on my daughter’s black cable knit Irish Fisherman’s Sweater.

S2, T3, V2, W, Y

I don’t know where the word “dovetailing” came from, but it’s on my word list. I guess I had a dream of doing carpentry work.

It’s gloomy, some rain/sprinkles, nippy and the sun wants to come out. I should be working on items to list, but I just can’t get into it.

I have “free tv” and they have been having strange marathon’s of certain programs. Today, there should be about 13 series of Hammer House of Horror. Neat short stories of “terror”. British style.

The cats all want to go outside and I have been postponing this until it’s drier outside for them. I guess Dottie thought it was great to be out with the boys.

S2, T3, V2, W, Y

The boys are outside for a while to hunt.
It is gloomy and looks like some more rain coming.

It’s funny when I was eBay and I saw that there was a spike in the items watched. It was all my sister’s Boyds bears. Then they disappeared from the watch. I went to look and someone was copying my pictures as theirs. AND eBay now allows that and you cannot fight it.

There is to be 3 series of “the Stepfather”. Hmmm Never seen or heard of that series.
The Hammer House of Horror stories reminds me of those multiple thrill story books.

I manage to do some more pinning Pinterest items.

I almost violated one of my personal rules this week. I try to have at least an approximate number of words starting with each of the letters. So, I get all done, and am looking at my list……

And I see that I have only 1 – ONE – word starting with the letter L!

Just not acceptable! Not like it was a Z or something else difficult, just a plain old L!

I think that’s always an unspoken rule for me….. So I fixed it.

About all you can do Bette when people steal your pictures, is to use one of those programs that will superimpose words over the picture – like, maybe “Bette’s picture.”

A lot of work on your part, and totally unfair.

eBay’s losing business at an alarming rate recently – too much junk from China at totally unbeatable prices, and no recourse if the seller misinformed you or doesn’t even send the package to you.

And I don’t think they really care – they’ve gotten zillions of dollars out of it, at our expense.

There was a time when sellers like us were disappointed if they listed 50 items, and ONLY sold 47 of them! Now, you’re lucky if you sell 3 of them!

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,654 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Morning, all. Yes, still morning for another hour here.

Gotta share. With all the online buying ops I found another purchase necessary at ebay. I was browsing the ne5t for a front door summer decoration. I’ve learned through purchase of the “nearly Natural” brand that that brand really does look very real and is well made. Reviews by other purchasers confirm my experience. Long story short I fouund prices ranging from $129 at Nearly Natural to $63.99 at Amazon. Then I saw it offered for $55.00 at ebay with or best offer option. I made a 10% less offer that was accepted.
Due to be delivered next Monday. I love hydrangeas and now I’ll have some.
Or do they look more like peonies? Description says peony hydrangea but not sure I see any difference between the flowers

Off now to exercise.
Phrase reminds me of an older cousin. 48 days older
Every year on her birthday when I wish her a happy she always tells me to respect my elders…lol That has gone on now since we were in our teens.

S2, T3, V2, W, Y

Joyce, there is a difference in peonies and hydrangeas. Hydrangeas consists of many mini flowers to make a flower cluster head. A peonies is a large, full of petal flowers that smell sweet.

Friday, I ordered some new front tires for the lawn mower. Surprised that they were just delivered. Now, I need to find some time to put them on the rims and then on the mower.

Something has been in my oriole feeder. The past 2 mornings, it’s been on the ground and emptied. Either raccoons or I noticed 2 squirrels in the yard early in the morning. Set the cats out and they don’t like it. LOL

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,459 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Good afternoon! Temperatures today are mild and very nice with a soft cool breeze. We started our annual watching of Lord of the Rings extended edition. It is a fabulous movie and the extra footage makes the movie better.

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,311 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Hey and Hiya and Blessings to ALL Here!
Cloudy today but stuffy…had Tornadoes touch down this past week in cities near enough to us, and a few cities farther away…
Also had an earthquake last week, but we didn’t feel it here in Brooklyn OH

Love the Spring and Summer time smell of flowers…I swear I smelled Peonies while I was reading Bette’s note to Joyce, then I realized I have ’’Lilac Yankee Candle" burning, LOL!

This week’s Phrase is

AGE IS A RELATIVE TERM. ALL MY RELATIVES KEEP REMINDING ME HOW OLD I AM
S2, T3, V2, W, Y

Speaking of age…LOL. . . Some funny Maxine’s about age. . .

Happy Monday. . . Remember. . .

Enjoy the Opening Summer Peony, Below!

Divine Fabrics n More

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,654 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

just read last week’s post and glad Carolyn’s surgery was a success,for sure

Dee, very pretty animation in that flower.

Well, my question is….is the door hanging I got more like a peony or hydrangea OR are some peonies and some hydrangea.
The description does mention both flowers.

Just curious

Posted by mrsdinkerson, Northwest Suburbs, IL. 14,628 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

You have both flowers in that arrangement, Joyce. The pink ones are peonies and the green are hydrangeas. ☺
Happy Tuesday, All!

mrsdinkerson's

Thanks, Emily. I was hoping someone would straighten me out…lol
I’ll admit that I thought the pink ones were hydrangeas at first. Anyway I am hoping when my flowers arrive that they seem real to look at from a distance. Certainly nobody will think they are real but you know what I mean.

My exercise complete for the week. Se4nding it next. My list includes all 5 or more letter words and the letter “K” is in each of the 562 words.b
My favorite word is katydid
Happy Tuesday

Question for all
Why is SPRINGLIKE accepted as a word
but summerlike, winterlike and autumnlike are not?

Similar but different question: why is there spring time, summer time and winter time, but no autumn time?

Carolyn, there is time for every seasons

Turn Turn Turn
To everything (turn, turn, turn)

We may have asked unreallyanswerable questions.

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,311 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Hello Dearies!
This week’s Phrase is

AGE IS A RELATIVE TERM. ALL MY RELATIVES KEEP REMINDING ME HOW OLD I AM
S2, T3, V2, W, Y

Divine Fabrics n More

Posted by selah53, Canada. 453 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Hi all – just sent my list ‘Ms’

lol Caroline – no autumn time – but fall time works.

I spent the day canning rhubarb juice which is my staple for fruit punches. Chop up an orange with peel attached, add some frozen raspberries. [for variety I’ll add iced tea, apple juice, lime etc but it’s good just by itself] Add sprite just before serving for the sparkle. – not that any of you asked but just thought I’d throw it out there in case anyone is looking for a new way to use rhubarb :)

selah53's booth

So how do you can your rhubarb juice? Cab yiu freeze it?

I really like rhubarb a lot, and the season is so short……

yes you can freeze it – my freezer space is at a premium so I can it instead.

I chop up enough rhubarb to fill up a big stock pot. Add water to about half the pot so that the juice is quite concentrated. Boil until it’s a mushy pulp. Pour into a fine mesh piece of material and allow it to drain. After it cools a bit I hang the pulp in the mesh from my cupboard handle [attached with clothes pins] over an ice cream pail on my counter. When it’s cool enough to handle I squeeze as much juice as I can from the pulp. Then pour it into jars and process for 20 minutes in a water bath. I used to add sugar before canning but now I just add it at time of use. I have yet to serve it to anyone who isn’t thrilled with it. Whenever I have company for dinner it seems to be the highlight of the meal.
One little pint jar makes about a half gallon of juice – or more like a gallon if I combine it with apple or iced tea etc.

selah53's booth

Sounds wonderful! Thanks for the directions.

you are most welcome :)

selah53's booth

S2, T3, V2, W, Y

Word lists are due tonight.

I just read this year about cooking the rhubarb for juices.
I normally just chop up rhubarb and throw it into freezer bags, sometimes with strawberries when I make cakes or pie.

Otherwise, I peel the skin and juice the rhubarb with pineapple or ? and if it’s not sweet enough, add some pure maple syrup or honey. Rhubarb has all sorts of vitamins and minerals and very good for the eyes. (Disclaimer: do not stick rhubarb directly in the eye) LOL

The rule here in the states for picking rhubarb is any month without the letter “R”. So May through August is picking time. I don’t know about you, Selah with your winters?

I am at the point where all the rhubarb will be cut down since it’s getting old and that the new stalks will start to grow. The second, third and maybe a fourth crop, the stalks are not as abundant.

I, too, really like rhubarb but so often season passes by without getting any. When I do get it it is a treat. All sounds delicious.
Thanks all.

I just started a new thread hoping book lovers might post with me there ^ the boys allow the thread^
Check it out if you are an avid reader or might enjoy an occasional read.
Title of thread is: What Books Dp You Enjoy?

Rhubarb pineapple sounds good – I’ll have to give it a try.

selah53's booth

Game stats :

4 Total Players
1710 Total words from all the players
428 Average word lists

We has 5+, 6+, 7+ letter word lists
Selah’s word list started with “M’S”
Joyce’s word list had words with a “K” in it
Bette’s word list ended in suffixes

Page
1 2 >