Just letting you know...

This topic is about the game "Word Find Challenge." To read full rules for the game, click here.

Word Find Challenge ◄ Feb 11 2019 ► ► ►

Subscribe to Word Find Challenge ◄ Feb 11 2019 ► ► ► 117 posts 10 voices

Page
< 1 2 3 4

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,419 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

Welcome back, Carolyn!

Abrafox's booth

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,418 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

t’s good to be back. Not so good is the enormous amount of Catch-Up I have to do, though.

Dee, that amazing and beautiful collection of ephemera you assembled for me has me drooling – but I will be firm, and hold off until I’ve at least made a dent in the massive amount of backlog that is screaming at me!

My fingers are itching, though, dearest Dee………

Seeing what Ebay is about to launch – plus increased prices on ETSY, I am determined to get rid of many thousands of beads as quickly as possible – there are literally thousands of different types, colors, styles and sizes lurking in every nook and cranny. Time to let them go.

I notice that malls and “big box” stores are suffering a lot. I’m convinced that people simply don’t have the expendable funds to buy non-necessities just now – maybe never again, actually.

Eileen and I did a bit of food shopping yesterday afternoon – the cupboards were bare! In the 1 hour after we started, the gas stations along the way actually upped their prices by 20 cents a gallon! Incredible!

We found something in my dad’s attic that has me kind of excited. Belonged to an aunt who – if she were still alive, would be about 125 years old.

When the Statue of Liberty Museum opened up in about 1901, there was a reverse painting on glass – curved oval glass, depicting Lady Liberty -large – displayed there. Oddly enough, my Aunt Ida bought one at the time. – must have probably cost her a buck or less.

It’s been sitting – in pristine condition, in her trunk ever since, unscratched,unscathed…….

I’ve actually seen it in the Immigration museum myself! Think I need to do a bit of research about current market value…..

The one family item we will never part with is the hand-made copper watering pail my mom’s grandmother brought over from Italy in 1891. (You probably know the kind of thing I mean – handles on both sides; women carried them home from the well in their heads?)

My mother didn’t like it at all, and about once a month, she would put 1t out with the trash.

Every time, Dad would retrieve it and hide it. But, she’d always find it and throw it out again…….and again …… and again.

Back to taking pictures for listings.

Looking forward to next week’s WFC game.

Some of My Favorite Things

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,257 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

Thanking God (F. S. and HS.) that Carolyn is back home safe and sound….DRINK a lot, hon…last time I was in the hospital and then sent to a rehab and was gone for almost 6 weeks in one facility or the other…I too was dehydrated (buy only slightly-so). NOW I always have something to sip on….bought me an extra large thermos type of large mug with pop on top and a straw hole and drinking hole too…there’s a product called ’’hint’’ that’s flavored water and I love the generic kind hubby buys for us, here, we like orange and we love the wild cherry. I also have coffee in the morning, once in awhile I’ll have hot or iced tea, too…but I now ALWAYS have a drink near me (always non alcoholic) from ice water to flavored waters, to my Diet Rite soda, to tea of some kind. . .
I’m so so so so happy you’re back with us…we missed your missives!
I hoped you liked my paper crafting…I put some pics of it in my booth, here
https://www.bonanza.com/listings/NOT-for-Sale-Carolyn-s-Flippy-Pages-Words-Notes-and-Notebook-Holder-I-Sent-Her/692644919 to show to Joyce, but maybe others might be a bit curious so above is like w/pics, sorry pics aren’t that great…
LOVED keeping you (((((((Carolyn)))))))) in heart and mind when making it. I thought the individual strips of unusual words and their definitions were a hoot to include, but YOU were my inspiration for those and everything else actually, too!
ENJOY at your liesure! Glad you’re back with us!

Well…it’s the weekend and I’m still working on some more paper crafting this weekend. It’s going to be a type of ’’book’’ but NOT really…LOL, well, when I’m done I might show it to y’all. . .

Reminder ,,,before you go to bed…Spring Ahead!

Everyone………TAKE Care and have a WONDERFUL WEEKEND!
Dee

Divine Fabrics n More

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,601 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

Carolyn, love the details of items family left behind for you.
My attic finds were no more than the childhood Christmas ornaments and such that had plenty use and lots of love in them but no research necessary to determine value.

Looked at the link Dee offered and I’m in awe. What a treasure you made, Dee. Carolyn has lots to learn as she reads from it.

About 40 degrees here but raining and nasty outside.
Fingers crossed winter temps and snow are gone and that spring will soon be here.

I’m reading a Lee Child mystery and loving it. Jack Reacher is becoming a favorite character of mine.

Look forward to our next phrase for some much needed brain exercise.
…….. Have a

Thanks for the reminder, Dee.

Collectibles and So Much More

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,419 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

Dee, the notebook is beautiful!

Abrafox's booth

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,601 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Good morning and

Hubby says he’s almost back to normal.
In celebration we are going out to lunch.
See you later.

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,419 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Good morning!

Abrafox's booth

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,418 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Good morning atcha!

Gold wintry day here; good for getting stuff ready to list.

I have these fabulous Christmas tree buttons – yes, buttons – almost identical to the larger pins I’ve sold in the past. Made in the Czech Republic. Stunning.

Only problem from my point of view is that the back shank prevents me from getting a good clear shot.

Problem from the buyer’s point of view – whatever you use them on can’t be machine washed, and so that presents a bit of a difficulty.

Remember your grandmother’s button box? Those thrifty ladies snipped the buttons off everything that was destined to be used as dust rags or braided rugs.

I used to love going through my grammaa’s button box, and trying to remember what garment each button came off of.

At yard sales, I’m a sucker for button boxes. Just love them.

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,444 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

So glad to Carolyn posting in the forums.

• Been busy trying to get new items processed and finally started listing items on eBay before they start the Good Till Cancelled (GTC)and removing the 30 day fixed price.
  • Managed to get 16 new listings consisting of 52 items. Already sold 11 out of 52 items.
  • Starting another bags of clothes. Went through a couple more of lint rollers and razors from cleaning up the pilling.
  • I have one item that I have on auction because I wasn’t sure how to price it because of the linen wash seam wear. (To me, this is common, but other may not think so). So I have bids on it and then I get someone that sent me a note that she is the highest bid, right now, and that she did it by accident. Huh? Well, someone else bid on it to raise the bid and I sent her a note that there is a higher bidder and please don’t bid on this item if she didn’t want it. THEN I put her ID in my block buyers list.

The twins are now running around and have recovered from the vets. Now Dottie is in heat and I am sort of glad that Alfalfa didn’t get to her. I will be setting up her appointment for the beginning of April.

During the weekend, we had sleet rain and again, a nice patch of ice on the road in front of me. Most of my driveway is good except under the truck.

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,419 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Congratulation on the sales Bette!
Carolyn, I save buttons too. When I used to sew a lot of doll clothes I could reuse them, but the current buttons are plain, compared to a lot of the older buttons. I do have a card of old, and gorgeous buttons I got from my aunt’s craft room when she passed away. They are too pretty I want to keep them but haven’t figured out a way to use them yet.

Abrafox's booth

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,418 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

I recently got some great “vintage-like” glass buttons that I’m working up to list.

Unfortunately, my craft/computer/office room is overflowing with “I’ll get around to it” projects.

Some times, I put buttons hem in shallow shadow boxes to display, which is fun and easy to do – especially with the back shank type; I can just baste them on a backing without damaging them.

One of my friends has a glass-topped coffee table with a sort of raised lip between the table top itself and the glass covering.

She can display things without any effort at all – and, best of all, they don’t get dusty, or have kitties romping through them. Paw prints on the glass are easy to clean up……

Our weather has been pretty iffy here, too. For some bizarre reason, we celebrate St. Patrick’s day the weekend BEFORE March 17th, so it was yesterday.

Big parade, with floats and bagpipers galore. Lot of beer afterwards given away by “almost Irish” bars. We have an amazing number of little micro-breweries here who participate.

But it was cold. Snowed a few inches prior to the festivities.

Our little Miss Irish Queen and her consort, the Irish prince, braved the frigid air without coats, although the Princess did wear her velvet cloak,and looked most charming, (It’s red velvet, so it does double duty for our Christmas parade….)

The festivities kicked off after the 11 o’clock Mass (just like everybody is Irish around St. Patrick’s Day, seems like they celebrate the Catholic holiday…..with a long race to benefit the charity of the year, and we all lined up curbside to watch them.

Real “home town” kind of stuff.

St. Paddy’s Day itself on the 17th, is the more “adult” type of entertainment; thousands of pounds of corned beef and cabbage, step-dancing, bawdy ballads and, of course, immense quantities of beer. Think I’ll skip that one……

More pictures to take, descriptions to write, and items to list.

It’s so good to be back with you all, my friends.

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,601 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Late in today but it was a busy day.
My eye Dr appointment went as expected and then out to lunch in Indy after stopping to payu for my tickets to the Titanic party April 7th. Should be a fun party and looking forward to wearing an outfit of the times. I love dressing for occasions.
Tomorrow is my red hat luncheon so it will be a busy day as well.

See you sometime tomorrow.
Love reading all that goes on among my WFC Bonanza friends.
Keep on going on. Love to hear the news.

…….

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,257 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Hello Dearies. . .
Please pray for Lynette and her 43 year old son, Eric, who will be undergoing chemotherapy. He has 2 young ones and a wife and mom-in-law at home all of whom depend upon Eric as he’s the only one who works outside the home in a career. Thanks, Dear Ones. . .

It’s so refreshing and Good to see ALL of you, here!

((((((((Carolyn, Charlotte, Joyce, Bette, and now and then Nance and/or Em)))))))

Congrats on the sales, Bette! By the way, look for a package coming your way nearer the end of this week.
ANYone want some buttons let me know, I have my M-in-L’s buttons in some plastic bags in storage dresser downstairs, I’d be willing to mail some out for free…
to my recall, there were no ’’special’’ buttons, just plain ones of many sizes colors and kinds. . .maybe I’ll have hubby bring em upstairs and I can take pics of such,
I’m more than willing to give away ‘’a bag of buttons’’ for a FREE gift, too!

Meanwhile Happy Tuesday to Each of You!

Spring is closer than we might think!

Divine Fabrics n More

Dee, happy to pray for Lynette and Eric.
He knows details.

Bless your heart, Dee, offering free for the asking.

My day was spent with Red Hat lady-friends at lunch, visiting and traveling to and from.
Came home and walked for a mile on a beautiful 45 degree spring-like day.
Rain blows in for tomorrow and Thursday but temps are rising.

Off to bed now.
Hope to see you all sometime soon.

Good night

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,444 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Dreary, light rain today. UGH!

Dee, Sending prayers . . .

Yesterday, I stopped at my thrift store and there was a lot of new items (more without tags, but a lot of duplicates). There was a store the next town over that went out of business and they are replacing with another clothing shop. I got some neat items, but kept it limited. I want to get to work on that today.

PS, Yesterday, I was running late and not late. I finally realized we were to bump our clocks ahead one hour. I couldn’t figure out why the microwave clock said one thing and the computer said another. An when I went to the store and passed by a bank clock was ahead of when I thought I left. I don’t remember anywhere about daylight savings.

Good morning! A little snow this morning expected to last through the day.

Abrafox's booth

Posted by LindaD1005, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 2 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Hi I am back to check in on you all oldies in the game. hope You are all doing well. I am hoping to get my driver211 booth open again… happy sales to all…. I still chat on facebook with jans daughter Nicky. she is doing well has a great boyfriend whom I think Jan would like……

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,257 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Oh Yes Spring ahead has not always been embraced fully by many diversified people, states, etc., See here: http://www.webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/e.html

Anyway, it’s Wednesday and I’m finished with the 3rd paper crafting project I’m working upon, the 1st one went to a wonderful gal, the 2nd one went to another wonderful gal – Carolyn, I hope she explored it already, as I tried to sort of made it to remind her of right here WFC, in other words!
Even if not, I’m so happy Carolyn that you are home and with us, too, once more!

Bette can you send me a note through Bonanza, because I can’t find how when in Bonanza to send you a message, but if you message me 1st I can do a reply, thanks!

Charlotte you’ve got mail! LOL!

Divine Fabrics n More

Hi Linda !

I am part way through the new items that I purchased yesterday. Hopefully, I will finished this and then go back processing my other clothing

Gee, Bette – halfway through the items you purchased yesterday. YESTERDAY!!! Hear me screaming!!!

Why, just today, when I was frantically searching for an item someone bought, I finally found it – tucked away with other items purchased in 1991.

You put me to shame. I’d really like to claw my way into the 21st century……..

That was a Finnish bird I’d forgotten about.

Then, next – in my moments of discovery, I found a heavy blown glass ornament striped white and purple, signed by the designer in 1997.

To say nothing of the tiny porcelain dolls made in the 1800’s………

And then, there are the gorgeous silk and velvet fabrics from a recent doll clothing manufacturer’s sale that are in a tote that weighs over 40 pounds……..

Mind you, I’m at deadline with filing my 2018 -2019 New York State Sales tax report due next week………

Just thinking about it all exhausts me.

Slowing down for the night.

I got almost everything from yesterday’s purchase done. That’s 19 items completed and ready to list, 1 item I am thinking of using for the cotton lace and UGH! a beautiful sweater that all of a sudden I had a nose bleed. I will have wait until I get home tomorrow and see if I got all the blood out of that sweater.

Then I can start bringing in a new bag of clothing to work on.

Okay, this FRIDAY I will start a word game since we have another player in the mix.

The twins are running all over the house but slows down when they go by SCAT, the old one. LOL

Carolyn, how big is that apartment of yours?
You don’t have any people stuffed somewhere in there and you haven’t found them ? LOL

Need to get ready for bed and hope the cats are done running for the night.

Bette, it’s not THAT big an apartment – really.

I just sell small stuff. Teeny tiny wee little stuff.

Glad you’ll be starting a new game Friday.

Nice to hear from Linda! Thanks for the update on Jan’s daughter. I really miss her a lot. Miss you, too.

Every day, I look at that gorgeous packet of wonderful creative odds and ends so cleverly put together for me by Dee. Truly a work of love.

We are all so blessed to have such good friends.

Thanks Dee, got the B-mail.
You are amazing, Bette! So many listings in such a short time!
Good luck with you tax filing, Carolyn! Taxes such a nuisance!
Hi Linda, glad you stopped by, and thank you for the update on Jan’s daughter. It is good to hear she is doing well!
Been busy cleaning up clutter today, it sure accumulated quickly! It takes a while to put all the bits and pieces back where they belong, and hopefully some of it can be donated to the thrift store.

Abrafox's booth

May have to make pumpkin pie, but out of whipping cream. :( May have to go with vanilla icecream.

Abrafox's booth

and here I am feeling like reading my book series
has really kept me away from my friends here.

Great to see Linda back reporting on Jan’s daughter and reminding us of our friend, Jan Hello, Linda.

Oh, NO! bloody nose! Untimely, Bette. Hope it all came out.

Yes, the paper craft Dee sent you, Carolyn, looked like she used lots of brain exercise to create that one. I know you enjoy all the creativity behind that on.

I’ll be watching for the new phrase to post. I need some exercise.

Charlotte, baking is an exercise all in itself….yummy, too. Wish we were neighbors.

Rain is just now clearing out after several hours of heavy rain and naturally gloom. Now3 11:00 I can wake up…lol
Now…..

All of us living closer would be fantastic!
Cats done running for the night? I think they just slow down for a while until you are asleep and then they have a party!

Abrafox's booth

Baking accomplished, but it took all day! Four full size and two individual size tiny pies.

Abrafox's booth
Page
< 1 2 3 4
Spinner

You may adjust your notification preferences at any time

Minimum 6 characters; at least one number and one capital letter

If you become a seller on Bonanza, this information will become part of your public profile

New to Bonanza? Sign up to save items, follow sellers and get exclusive coupons.

Don't worry - Bonanza respects your inbox. We send less email and make it easy to opt out. Read our privacy policy »