Just letting you know...

This topic is about the game "Word Find Challenge." To read full rules for the game, click here.

Word Find Challenge ◄ Feb 11 2019 ► ► ►

Subscribe to Word Find Challenge ◄ Feb 11 2019 ► ► ► 117 posts 10 voices

Page
< 1 2 3 4 >

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,416 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

Your paper crafts sound gorgeous Dee! I envy your serenity.
Thanks for keeping us updated on Carolyn and for arranging for the flowers!
Hope things are ok with Bette!
Sending good thoughts and wishes to all our absent friends!

Abrafox's booth

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,597 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

Thanks, Charlotte. Glad you popped in.
We just ventured out a few hours ago to go for dinner and do a little shopping.
We put off going out due to 32 degrees and 49 mph winds and flurries. Store we wanted to go to closed at 6:00 so we left here about 5:00. They were only kidding. The winds hadn’t really slowed down and the temp kept dropping. It’s winter in Indiana…lol

No pictured texted to me yet but if/when I get it I’ll share. Good Sunday evening, everyone.
Baby, it’s cold outside.

Collectibles and So Much More

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,416 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

Spring like temperatures today but the ground is still frozen so puddles, mud, and squishy-ness abound. Our sump pump is ready to go, just in case. Never needed it before and hopeful it will remain unused, but better safe than sorry! Working this morning on getting a few things done on my to-do list.

Abrafox's booth

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,597 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

Tuesday and better than Monday…LOL
My cumpter developed some technical difficulties yesterday. hmmmmm
I no longer have e-mail at all and took lots of doing
geek husband managed to get me up and running.
Now I can send Dee a b-mail to thank her for her “craftiness” received in the mail. You kids need to see this but until my computer is better fixed I may not be able to post much mo9re than my posts and ready-made gifs.

………………….

Hmm, not much action here lately. Hope everyone is just pleasantly busy!

Abrafox's booth

Light rain here and 37 degrees. At least it isn’t snowing! Beautiful and 45 degrees yesterday. I could see a couple of ice fishermen out on the lake this morning. I don’t know how they dare after a week of warm weather!

Abrafox's booth

Posted by pirates_trunk, Clearwater, FL. 83 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

I am new on here. We had light rain here in Florida today, but warm. I think that would be neat to see a couple of ice fisherman out on a lake as long as I was only visiting. LOL!

Pirate's Trunk

Hi pirates_trunk, Welcome!

Abrafox's booth

Rain expected this afternoon so went for a walk this morning. Decided I would walk every street in our new subdivision and that ended up being four miles. I hope my hips don’t hurt too bad tomorrow!

Abrafox's booth

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,256 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

Finally got Carolyn’s Notebook/notes fancy holder finished. It took me longer than normal, but that’s because our son’s in from CA, and so I don’t have down time like I have when it is just hubby and I, but I Celebrate that our son is here, and I am AOK that Carolyn’s gift is finished and being mailed to her, today! Hooray!

I hope you are each doing well as expected!

Hello Pirate’s Trunk, Welcome to WFC ~ although there’s no game in progress at this time, everyone is welcomed in this forum!

Pssssst!!! Charlotte, did you say I was ’’serene’’ ROFLMBO!
Dearie Gal, I am far from Serene. . .maybe IN my Spirit I’m somewhat there . . .
but I can’t even walk 5 feet without oh oh oh, coming out of my mouth…because I’m in a LOT of physical pain, daily, from the horrible pains in my heels and feet to the ridiculous pain in my legs and back. . .my neck is always tense, gal, most especially my left side….and I will admit it is my Faith in God (FS&HS). . .who helps me to embrace an inner peace or serenity, no matter what’s going on in my physical world, hon.
I’m still in the process too, of finding in-home doctors who will come to our home to treat me, including a really good foot doctor, the one who did come was only willing to give me free heal caps of hard plastic, and he was unwilling to give me a cortisone shot in my heels that would almost immediately take away the razors sharp pains I live with, which are much worse when I try to walk or stand…lately my Diabetes has been out of whack once more, and the drop in blood glucose levels finds my (already bad) heart beating out of my chest, sweating and shaking…until I get a liquid ’’Boost’’ in me, and eat a sugarless oatmeal cookie, but it was so bad, twice this past week, hubby had to rather ’’rescue’’ me, because the 1st one came on suddenly, and I could hardly stay awake, I was ‘’going down’’ fast. . .thank GOD I was sitting in the family room which is hubby’s room, I am normally in the living room. . .or my craft and sewing room down the hall. . .again…I find it interesting that you thought I have some Serenity, and Dearie Gal I thank you for the compliment but you must be seeing me ‘’in Spirit’’ that is the only area I think I do have a stillness and serene way. . .and that’s because God is a HUGE part of my every day. . .I cannot take credit for even a tad bit of that!

Happy Friday to Everyone!

and Happy March!

Divine Fabrics n More

My Dearest Dee, serenity in spirit is exactly what I’m talking about, which is especially difficult under trying physical circumstances. If one’s life is perfect in every way but you don’t have peace, life is torment. If life is difficult and you have peace, you can handle anything.

Abrafox's booth

Good morning! Snowstorm here overnight with 3" or so covering the ground. But that’s what we get for living in the mountains.

Abrafox's booth

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,256 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

(((((((Charlotte)))))))) Awwwh, thanks Dearie Gal, but methinks we are ALL both SAINTS and SINNERS, LOL. . . Yes it’s True to oftentimes let ourselves ‘’Be Still and Know that I am God.’’ Because stillness brings a silence by which we can then hear either figruartively or litterally, ….we can listen and hear God’s guidance, oftentimes through the voice of a Heavenly Angel!!!

It’s suppose to snow tomorrow, here. Right now Jeff, our 50 year old son from CA is here with hubby and Leo and I, from CA. . . his son IS coming, tonight, he’s our eldest grandson, and we thought because he has a full time job now, he probably wasn’t coming in with Jeff, but he is! We’re thrilled!

I’m working with magnets and paper crafting and I tell you it’s too funny trying to keep these extra strong magnets away from one another…as I’m working on a small TV table I have to make sure they are the width of the table away from one another. . . .needless to say, the following made me laugh. . .

To EACH of You!!!! . . .

Divine Fabrics n More

Hello here I am with a Carolyn

Seems in the past when I spoke with Carolyn I didn’t get the whole story.
Tonight Carolyn retracted some of what she told me earlier saying in fact she was nearly delirious when we spoke before.
Charlotte, Carolyn says NOW she really appreciates your paramedic work as she received it. She tells me she was so dehydrated she was fighting to keep from drinking fluids as they wanted her to.
Carolyn thinks she may be home in 8 or 10 days. She has received some cards and has truly been enjoying flowers we sent. Carolyn says everyone.
She will be back and expect lots of posts when she once again has computer accessibility.

I do hope pirates_trunk stops by again

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,442 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

Sunny and a wind chill today. Brrrrrr

I am so sorry to hear about Carolyn. Sending her good thoughts and prayers for her recovery.

So sorry for not posting a new game, but I really have been trying to get new items ready and that there is only 2 of us playing right at the moment.

• I have been prepping for new sewing projects. This morning I came back from washing some curtains and drapes and a load of clothing for sale.
  • I managed to get 31 new items before the end of February to use up my eBay free listings.
  • Right now I have 3 new listings consisting of 15 items. I have another 3 listings consisting of 14 items that are not complete since some of the items had to go through the wash again.
  • I have managed to go through a tall laundry basket full of clothing. YEAH!
  • eBay is going through more changes and this is why I am trying to get new items listed before all hell breaks loose.

Cats are going this Tuesday for the vet. Little girl has come into heat several times. Trying to keep Alfalfa away was such a pain.
Fletcher has been such a “Big Boy” since he has been going outside for the past week. Today, there’s a wind chill and I don’t want him out there.

I don’t know what has ripped the lower part of the wooden garage entrance door and the wooden back porch door. I found shredding of wood and the doors dug out.
I really don’t need another project on the things to do list.

Sure glad to see that May, Dee, Charlotte and Joyce are posting.
Let’s use this for just posting and I will return back to posting a game ? next week ?

Well, back to working on clothes.

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,442 total posts | Posted about 2 months ago

Still have wind chills.

Tomorrow, the kitties will be taken to the drop off point for the vet pick up.

. I have now 5 new listings consisting of 21 items. I have gone through 5 lint rollers, especially on the cashmere/silk sweaters.
. I still have 3 more listings that be complete until they are completely dry from the wash and prepped.

Back to work. Need to order more fuel oil.

Hello Everyone! Popping in to say. . .

Divine Fabrics n More

Sounds like you are getting lots of listing done, Bette! That is so much work! Hope all goes well for the kitties at the vet!

Thanks for the updates on Carolyn, Joyce!

Hi Dee!

Cold temps here today, highs just above freezing so the snow is melting.

Abrafox's booth

Joyce, then WHAT actually happened to our Dearie Gal, Carolyn…WAS she only dehydrated and hallucinating and/or delirious? OR DId she have a heart infraction or heart attack??? I’m confused. . .
but LOL, I’m confused . . . A LOT!

On a bit of a more serious note. . .this past week hubby had a biopsy done on a double mole on his back. I’ve been changing the bandage, daily and it’s healing fast. But we got bad news and good news, the bad new is the biopsy came back positive for melanomia, or cancer. The Good news is there was no depth to the cells meaning it’s been caught very early. The Good news is he has to go back and since he does have a lot of moles they are going to ‘’do a mapping on his body’’ and may do even more biopsies and more tests on other moles. All other work-ups came back Good, which is more good news. In other words there’s probably no melanoma in his lymph nodes, as those seemed to be fine or not at all swollen, again, however, hubby will be going back for MORE surgery March 21st., whereby they will be doing 1st a total body exam, as like I said he has lots of moles, most are on his back, some on his arms, a few on his face….please keep my hubby in good thoughts and/or prayers, thanks Dearies!

Divine Fabrics n More

Still cold and nippy here.

The twins have been sent to the vet last night.
Blue is lonely for the little girl. He was a bit distance this morning and was looking for her in her secret hiding place, but no little girl. I noticed that Dottie was a bit different not having her kids around.
Tonight, they will be picked up.

Back to working on getting more items ready to list.

Dee, you are possibly as confused as me.
Carolyn was TERRIBLY dehydrated when the paramedics were called. She fought them almost refusing their advice to drink water. 3 days in the hospital before intensive care. Carolyn tells me she was close to death. At this point she says no heart attack BUT who knows? Carolyn will be back here a.s.a.p. perhaps early next week. We’ll get this story straight when she returns.

B-mailed Pirates_trunk (sue) and learned she is coming in from a long stint at ebay and looking forward to Bonanza. We can make her feel welcome.

Bette, all those kitties and so much fun as they grow up. I do wonder what is eating at your doors.
BTW, I have just seen what they call “Chocolate” kittens. They are sooooo cute. Even though I kinda ruled out any new kittens if I decide to get a new fur-baby or two I might need a chocolate kitten and a solid gray one with blue eyes OR a polydactyl kitty. I am getting kitten fever….know what I mean?

Chocolate kitten picture
Guess simply a brown kitten would catch my heart as would the solid gray or polydactyl…lol…I’m so fickle not a bad thing

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,416 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Dehydration can be really bad, but so much better than a heart attack to recover from!

Dee, so glad the melanoma was caught early! You will be in our thoughts and prayers!

That certainly is a cute kitten! Baby animals are so adorable!

Bette, I am glad that all the kitties are getting along so well! I hope your listing goes smoothly!

Overcast and slight sprinkles today. The chickens are not pleased. They are standing under the lilac bushes with their feathers fluffed and their heads all scrunched down to their shoulders. I will take them a treat to cheer them up.

Abrafox's booth

Posted by pirates_trunk, Clearwater, FL. 83 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

I am a bird and dog person myself. I am owned by one dog and five parrots, plus a husband (Does he count?) I have been busy liqudating listings on ebay after a change soon approaching with listings. I have the listings on here too, and I plan to continue on here. I haven’t had any sales, but the “company” is good. I have some close knit board members on ebay too that I will remain in contact with.I don’t know you Carolyn, but I wish you a speedy recovery. I have a rare muscle disease that can limit me at times, which is why I started reselling before I retired from teaching. I need to remain active. Thank you for the welcome party. You are all a friendly bunch.

Pirate's Trunk

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,442 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

A bit warmer and no wind so far.

Hi pirates trunk Sue.

I got a call from the vets and they goofed on Little Girl. They clipped her ear as a feral cat. They were giving me a full refund because of that error and I told them to place the credit on my account and next month, the mama kitty will be going to be spayed.

Picked up the twins last night. The lady next to me had six cat crates being packed into her car. Funny, it was stereo hearing all the cats meowing. LOL. The twins were quiet all the way home. Blue was happy and struggle to figure out what happened to them. This morning, Alfalfa was moving around and found a spare bed to use. The little girl was very tired and still sleeping the morning off.

Last night, passing one of farms near me was a big brown critter. It was not a raccoon. I think it was a wood chuck and I think that is what was digging at the back door and the garage door. That farm is not that far away.

This morning, that black and white tom cat took off down the road to the farm. I still haven’t seen old Toupee Tom. I wonder if he made it through this winter.

Well, off to work.

Posted by divinefabricsnmore, Fabric Heaven, OH. 14,256 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Here’s another warm welcome to Sue who’s also pirates_trunk! This is a fun word game and a fun and friendly group, too! When I was much younger, and in my youth, I, too, was a bird person – but that was because I lived yet, with my folks and the area we lived in was more for folks who were in poverty, but somehow my mom always had a bird in cage, as the type of rental housing we lived in, cats and dogs were not allowed, but it was AOK to have no more than 5 birds. . .we had a canary once who would walk up our arm and fly up to our head and sit up there and NEVER ‘’do her duty’’ up there, but go back to the cage when she needed to do her duty’s "doody!’’ LOLOL!

Those cats Bette, are blessed and lucky to have you take care of them! I hate listing it’s so consuming, but we gotta’ do what we gotta’ do, ya’ know!? IF you want/need any fabrics to list I can send you for FREE, hon, a Priority Envelope FULL of cotton fabric cuts…let me know!

Thanks Joyce, I am hoping she/Carolyn rec’d. my homemade paper craft and gift, just yesterday I did get my card back that I sent to the 1st nursing home/rehab center she was first placed. I’ll be sending it out again, today!

Thanks for prayers and thoughts, Charlotte!!

There’s snow on the ground and it’s very very chilly outside but the weather man is predicting a warm front coming through, soon!

Happy Thursday everyone!

Dee

Divine Fabrics n More

Posted by Abrafox, Northern UT, UT Sneak into the warehouse!. 5,416 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Hi Sue, it is nice to get to know you!
A refund is good, but I hope they fixed Little Girl’s ear! Poor thing!
We woke up to 5" of super heavy wet snow this morning, Our birch tree was bent over touching the ground and it was getting lower and lower, I thought the trunk would snap so I knocked as much snow off as I could. The power was off for a few minutes, and an accident in the canyon blocked traffic and delayed the school bus for nearly an hour.Everyone please be careful as this storm is moving east and is expected to spawn tornadoes in the midwest.
Not looking forward to getting up at 5 am instead of 6 am starting Sunday!

Abrafox's booth

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,597 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Thursday and all is wel….as can be expected.
Expecting snow this afternoon into evening and COLD

I will be going tomorrow to a dinner theater with lady-friends.
Queen of Bingo is the play. Looking forward.

Glad toi see you and learn a bit about you, Sue
My sister in CA had a couple parrot until she became seriously allergic after several years with them in her home. Allergies can develop or go away as we get older. Hubby is allergic to so much now that it is hard to go out for dinner.

Bette, sounds like you may have found the door eater…LOL
When we jhad 3 cats if one went to the vet it took some time for him to be accepted back into the hom,e…as if he picked up a strangwe oder in the other guys opinions.

Off now to have a brunch (late breakfast/early lunch) right here in my own house. Then some cleaning.
See you kids later.

Posted by cshort0319, Kingston, NY. 10,410 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

Dear friends – I came home tonight from the long drawn-out stay in hospital and rehab.

It was really quite bad – a case of total dehydration that came very close to killing me. Thank God for the fact that my daughter found me in the nick of time.

I do not know why I stopped drinking liquids – certainly, not to lose weight – I just don’t know why.

Turns out that total dehydration can also mess up your brain very badly.

I think I’m okay now. Thank all of you for your kind thoughts and well wishes.

The doctors have no explanation for why this happened, but, for sure, I do know I have to drink lots and lots of liquids all the time to prevent to from happening again.

Love to you all!

Carolyn

Some of My Favorite Things

Posted by Policequilts, Burlington, WI. 22,442 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

We have our girl back.

YEAH ! ! ! !

Carolyn, Need to set out 8 glasses.
Each time you see them, take one, fill it up with water or ??? and start drinking.
Put the glass in the sink and start another glass with fluids and so on.
Goal would be to use / dirty up the 8 glasses with whatever you want to drink each day and get that fluid in you.

Or set up 8 bottles of water on the table and make sure by the end of the day 8 bottles have been consumed.
Well, something like that . . .

So glad you are back.

Posted by joyce72747, Greentown, IN. 29,597 total posts | Posted about 1 month ago

WOW! Good to have you back, Carolyn.

Yes, hydration is essential to life.
VERY glad your daughter found you when she did.
Guess your mind was slipping when you explained to me in detail how you had crawled from bed to a phone to call 911 yourself. So very glad for Eileen.

We are happy here in West Lafayette as we did not get the snow predicted for yesterday. I am really getting anxious for spring to show up early as that little groundhog said it would.

Maybe now with Carolyn back we will be encouraged to exercise our brains. What do you think, Carolyn? Do you need a little time before a new game is posted?

Page
< 1 2 3 4 >
Spinner

You may adjust your notification preferences at any time

Minimum 6 characters; at least one number and one capital letter

If you become a seller on Bonanza, this information will become part of your public profile

New to Bonanza? Sign up to save items, follow sellers and get exclusive coupons.

Don't worry - Bonanza respects your inbox. We send less email and make it easy to opt out. Read our privacy policy »