The results are in! First and foremost, we'd like to extend a massive THANK YOU to everyone who participated in the 2016 Annual Seller Survey. It's important to Bonanza that we are constantly improving, and your valuable feedback makes it that much easier to figure out what we're doing well and what we can do better. So, what did our community of Bonanzlers have to say?
Our Superlative: Most Recommended
How we feel when you say nice things about us.
Over 78% of you responded that you would be likely to recommend Bonanza to a friend - how exciting! We love that so many of you are having a positive experience. Considering that over half of our sellers are also selling on other sites like eBay, Amazon, and Etsy, it means a lot to us that we are providing an effective marketplace to the majority of our sellers.
Bonanza's hidden gems
There were a few features that many sellers requested that already exist on the site. We wanted to take a moment to share some information about these highly requested features currently at your disposal:
Accepting OBO Offers
To change your settings to allow buyers to negotiate and make offers, select “Booth settings” from the Selling dropdown menu. Select the “Payments & Purchases” tab, and change the “Allow shoppers to negotiate and make offers (OBO)” setting. Choose "yes" If you'd like to accept offers, and choose "no" if you don't want to allow buyers to make offers on your items. Be sure to save the changes after your preferred option is selected.
Sharing Item Listings on Social Media
You are able to share your listings on social media sites including Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter by using the "Share" button on any item listing page, just under the "Add to cart" section.
Sorting Items in Your Booth
Lots of sellers requested more freedom with booth sorting. We're here to let you know that the possibilities are endless with our booth sorting features. You can choose to sort your booth alphabetically, or by popularity, upload date, or price. You can also create a custom order. For more information on Custom Sorting, check out this help page. Do your items require specific categories that we haven't yet created? You can make your own custom booth categories, too! Learn more here.
Importing Items from Shopify
Another popular request from sellers was a way to import items from their Shopify stores. I'm happy to tell you that we currently support Shopify Importing! To learn how to import from Shopify, read this help page, which will walk you through each step to connect your Shopify account.
You want thingamabobs? We've got 20!
We'd be remiss if we didn't talk about last year's survey results. After we read your feedback last year, we set to work improving the Bonanza experience for you. We were encouraged by Kanye West to "Reach for the stars, cause if you fall, you'll land on a cloud." We were assuming that cloud would then take us back to Bonanza HQ in Seattle, where we could try again until we succeeded.
And thanks to your feedback, a plethora of neat features were added to the site, including:
- A better item stats page. You guys asked for more comprehensive stats on your booth and item performance. We obliged - view your stats dashboard here.
- Ability to edit attributes in-place in the Batch Editor. This suggestion has saved sellers thousands of clicks per year and made editing items quicker and easier.
- Make it easier for sellers to separate active and inactive items in their booths. This change made it much clearer for sellers to know the status of each item, and provides a key to explain which color dot corresponds to which status. This change also gives sellers much more control of sorting and filtering. Check out the new view to our listing manager, coming soon:
- Provide a "Save and duplicate" option on the new item form. This is located at the bottom of the new item form, so you can easily list another item that is very similar to your current listing. We are continuing to make improvements to the new item form in 2017 as well.
- Provide a way to market towards past buyers. Being the go-getters you are, our sellers wanted to see a way they could proactively market to your past customers, effectively building your own customer loyalty program. If you haven't tried out our Customer Marketing Tool, you're in for great fun. Check out all you need to know about the CMT here.
What's up next?
I bet you're wishing you had a crystal ball to predict what we've got up our sleeves for 2017. We read every single response to the survey, and based off that feedback we were able to create a pretty killer to-do list, if we do say so ourselves. Coming up in 2017:
- An updated mobile app (currently in development!). A lot of sellers requested a more functional mobile app. We've spent some quality time testing the app and identifying each and every bug or kink in the system, and are now currently developing the app of your dreams. We are hoping to have our mobile app relaunched for iOS and android sometime during Q2 of 2017.
- Improvements to the item listing process (currently in development!). We're listening to your suggestions for improving the item listing process and have many tweaks in the pipeline.
- Improvements to the shipping process (currently in development!). We made some big moves in 2016 with the introduction of our Global Shipping Service, which makes international shipping much more accessible to sellers. We'll continue to streamline the process and add new shipping features, like allowing users to set “ship from” locations for individual items, for example.
- Improvements to the eBay importer. We recently revamped the interface of our eBay importer, and will continue to better the eBay importer by focusing on several of the bugs related to duplicated listings or synchronization discrepancies.
- Order Refunds. There are lots of exciting improvements in the pipeline for 2017 regarding the refund process.
- Customer Support. As we touched on in our previous blog post, our Support team has improved tremendously in the past year, and doesn't show signs of slowing down.Our team has been challenged to exceed 90% customer satisfaction in our support responses this year.
Thanks again to everyone who took the time to share their thoughts. Want to share more insights and opinions about what features we should add or improve in 2017? Let us know! Our Feedback Forum is the perfect place for your brilliant musings.